Half an hour of Enjoyable Activity per day Challenge (May 2017)

Replies

• dngallimore
    dngallimore Posts: 20 Member
    Tough day. Thunderstorms all night drove all 4 dogs into our bed. Needless to say, it was a little crowded, lol. I'm calling sleep a necessary physical and enjoyable activity this evening and turning in hours earlier than unusual ... goodnight, moon. o:)
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    I crashed yesterday into bed, I was so tired, so here is my update: I was in the garden all afternoon. I was building this:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/19/d6/27/19d6276e32abcb030c7517b05495833d.jpg
  • wjleffi
    wjleffi Posts: 52 Member
    daneejela wrote: »
    I crashed yesterday into bed, I was so tired, so here is my update: I was in the garden all afternoon. I was building this:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/19/d6/27/19d6276e32abcb030c7517b05495833d.jpg

Cool! What are you going to/did you plant in it?
  • daneejela
    wjleffi wrote: »

Cool! What are you going to/did you plant in it?

Thanks! On one side I already planted strawberries..For the other side I plan to plant muskmelon on the top wining down the planter.
    So it will end up as a melon/strawberry combo :-) I looove the fruits. :-)

My update for today: short but sweet walk by the sea.
  • dngallimore
    Today I helped a friend move what seemed like a hundred small boxes from her house to a storage facility for over 2 hours ... not necessarily what one would normally term an enjoyable physical activity, but in this case the opportunity to catch up, laugh ourselves silly, and drinks beers after it was all done made the work feel more like play.
  • wjleffi
    Crazy work day! Got some exercise tonight moving stuff in and out of the horse trailer getting ready for this weekend, and hustling around Fleet Farm and Walmart getting needed items.
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Yesterday I went shopping (definitely fun!) and did some stretching (semi-fun!) and some planking (felt like a bad *kitten* after bc I reached the 2 min mark on a forearm plank, so...fun!).

Today we are going hiking to a waterfall my husband found recently!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    I love the idea of this challenge, but I can't do it right now - due to other challenges. They are keeping me busy exercising. I may hit 30 minutes a day but not all of it is taking me to my happy place. I'll look for this in the future when my term at school is up.
  • wjleffi
    Beautiful day. Worked my horse all day at a clinic, lots of groundwork so lots of walking. I will sleep good tonight.
  • daneejela
    Yesterday I went shopping (definitely fun!) and did some stretching (semi-fun!) and some planking (felt like a bad *kitten* after bc I reached the 2 min mark on a forearm plank, so...fun!).

Oh, waterfall sounds beautiful :love: take me with you :lol:

My update for yesterday: gardening, planted some tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and a two honey melons :)
  • daneejela
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I love the idea of this challenge, but I can't do it right now - due to other challenges. They are keeping me busy exercising. I may hit 30 minutes a day but not all of it is taking me to my happy place. I'll look for this in the future when my term at school is up.

If you have few minutes a day, it also counts! :-)
    But, I agree it's better not to focus on too much things and overwhelm yourself.
  • dngallimore
    Spent a beautiful late afternoon at the beach and stayed to watch the sunset. It was stunning and restorative. I needed that. ☺
  • LauraInTheWater

Oh, waterfall sounds beautiful :love: take me with you :lol:

My update for yesterday: gardening, planted some tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and a two honey melons :)

It was! And scary because we walked over a swinging bridge!!
  • dngallimore
    I love Sundays cuz they are the only days I have to myself and I indulge in extra long days at the gym ... which i enjoyed today. Felt so good to stretch the old bones and do some weights.
  • LauraInTheWater
    Yesterday was a morning walk with my husband and dog around the neighborhood and I went to the gym (which is not a thing that I usually enjoy doing) to try out a new spin set that I had found online. Loved it and since I was in my own little zone I will probably do it again. Today it's Aqua Zumba time.
  • wjleffi
    Very rewarding weekend. Two full days of horse stuff and lots of activity. This week I have my 23 month old grandson. He is keeping me pretty busy but I will include some Classical Stretch this evening after he is asleep.
  • LauraInTheWater
    More Aqua Zumba today. Afterward, I met with a friend for tea downtown and she was running late so I took a walk around the block until she showed up. I'm thinking of going for a walk this evening when my husband goes running. This thing about 1/2 hour of enjoyable activity...I don't exercise unless it doesn't feel like exercise. It has to be fun for me. Lol.
  • daneejela
    Today I had a walk by the sea which was so refreshing and brouht to me that "summer is comming" feeling. :) in the afternoon I did some gardening which was also nice. I am fixing a playlist for some dance :-)
  • wjleffi
    Fun outdoor time with my almost 2 yr old grandson. I think we tired each other out!
  • dngallimore
    Gosh, is it Wednesday already??? Let's see ... Monday is still a fog as I recall just running around like a crazed woman trying to contain the chaos that is my job. Can't say that was either enjoyable or healthy for mind, body or spirit. I think I fell into bed before it even got dark outside. Last night, I took a short stroll with my friend and her dog. The full moon was exquisite and I slept through the night. That is a real accomplishment for me!