Half an hour of Enjoyable Activity per day Challenge (May 2017)

Options

Replies

• LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This morning I took my dog for an approximately 30 min walk in the neighborhood. Several incidents along the way made it even more enjoyable than normal. I also have my last Aqua Zumba class of the week tonight, which will count for another half hour.

Yesterday I didn't end up going for an evening walk, which I said I may or may not do.
  • wjleffi
    wjleffi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Another energetic day following an energetic little boy. Went to the park yesterday, today we toured the farm.
  • Warrior_Princess_21
    Warrior_Princess_21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. I want to get back into BIkram yoga, hike, play tennis, shop, explore, relax on the beach, volunteer at the animal shelter, etc. this will be fun!
  • LauraInTheWater
    Options
    Gardening for about 45 minutes today. Trying to save a this aloe plant that was passed down to me. We will see what happens!
  • LauraInTheWater
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and say I won't be doing anything physical today. Locked up my knee.
  • wjleffi
    Options
    Walked from my daughters house to a restaurant in their town with her and her husband and their son (in stroller). Also stopped and let the little guy walk around a park and explore to break up the long drive to their home.
  • wjleffi
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and say I won't be doing anything physical today. Locked up my knee.

So sorry about your knee! Hope it feels better soon.
    'll
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. I want to get back into BIkram yoga, hike, play tennis, shop, explore, relax on the beach, volunteer at the animal shelter, etc. this will be fun!

Jump in! :wink:
    All those activities sound awesome :love:
  • daneejela
    Options

Oh, take a rest and get better soon!
  • daneejela
    Options
    My update: lots of gardening yesterday and today.
    For tomorrow I've planed hiking in the mountains..looking forward to it very much!
  • LauraInTheWater
    edited May 2017
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »

Oh, take a rest and get better soon!

Thanks! My knee is still hurting today. Was going to walk in a 5K today but I had to cancel that. I'm taking this as a sign from the universe that I may need to slow down for a while and so I am using the next few days as an opportunity for self-reflection and meditation. I am still eating healthy, and we will see if I am able to get in the water on Monday. Today my enjoyable activity was a morning guided meditation. I need to keep my dog active, so I will probably sit on the back porch and throw the ball with her some (burn a few calories that way, I guess).
  • wjleffi
    Options
    More walking with my daughter today. We did a little shopping, too. It was great spending time with them. Back home tonight and back to normal.
  • dngallimore
    dngallimore Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A lovely hour of restorative yoga after a couple challenging work days. :)
  • wjleffi
    Options
    Hard day to get exercise in, lots of the day behind a steering wheel getting people and farm equipment moved. Got some walking grocery shopping and Sams club, but that was about it. Did get a new fitbit today so I am looking forward to getting that set up tomorrow.
  • LauraInTheWater
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to take a short walk down the street as my knee finally unlocked! Not a half hour because I wanted to take it easy but still awesome! Today I'm doing Aqua Zumba.
  • daneejela
    Options
    Yesterday I had great hiking day :)
  • wjleffi
    Options
    My new fitbit reminds me to get up and move every hour. It felt good to look down and see I was in the fat burning zone several times today. Today was a big desk day, but I did get my 30 in 5 or 10 minute increments and feel less fatigued than if I hadn't moved throughout the day.

Yesterday I forgot to post. I went out and brushed my horses. Very nice spending some time with them and got my heart rate up, too.
  • LauraInTheWater
    Options
    Yesterday I went on a nice 20 minute bike ride with my husband to the gym in our neighborhood. Lifted weights for about 30 minutes and then rode back home. Nice, although it's interesting to note that a lot of adults in our area don't go biking ever.
  • LauraInTheWater
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Made it to Aqua Zumba yesterday. I missed a class or two because I'm doing a Maymester (one semester crammed into 2 weeks) so the hours of class + the hours of work are long every day. So far I've managed to fit something in everyday. It always comes down to priorities. Television or exercise?
  • wjleffi
    Options
    Spent a couple hours with the horses today. A woman brought a Bemer electro magnet blanket out and tried it on each of them. They seemed relaxed, but not much different. Fun hanging out with them, walking out to get them, grooming, opening and closing gates. It was fun getting outside and moving around. And no rain today!