Diet pills

Replies

• jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    If you are simply looking for a healthy appetitie suppresent and like tea, try baetea detox. It does not aid in weightloss but it does help suppress an appetite mildly.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    It's called meth
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Phentermine plus fenfluramine (phen/fen) worked marvelously for me, but fenfluramine was of course withdrawn from the market due to damaging hearts, and that soured me on the whole diet pill thing.

I didn't learn healthy eating habits when my appetite was artificially suppressed by taking a legal amphetamine-like drug and I gained the weight back when I stopped taking it.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    I know it's a big debate but is there any diet pill that actually work

Yes, it's easily available but not allowed to talk about it here (or are we b/c it's legal?) ephedrine and dmaa are both legal depending on usage. Clenbuterol is also legal for research purpose. The catch is that even with proper usage, metabolism is only amped up enough for an extra 1/4lb of fat loss PER MONTH and they all come with side effects. Not worth it IMO.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    The only legal one I know of is yohimbe. The pseudo ephedrine pills suppress appetite but I doubt they directly burn any tangible amount of fat. Illegally bought fat burners work, can think of 3 off the top of my head. Nothing touches an effective diet though.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    tattygun wrote: »
    The only legal one I know of is yohimbe. The pseudo ephedrine pills suppress appetite but I doubt they directly burn any tangible amount of fat. Illegally bought fat burners work, can think of 3 off the top of my head. Nothing touches an effective diet though.

I can think of one that will beat an
    Effective diet very easily, no diet will
    Burn 1lb of bf per day
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    tattygun wrote: »

I can think of one that will beat an
    Effective diet very easily, no diet will
    Burn 1lb of bf per day

Well yeah but how long could someone manage on the dose required for that without death or serious illness...2/3 weeks...then negate rebound?
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    2-3 weeks would be 14-21lb of fat.
    Though I'd never recommend it for
    Someone who needs to lose that
    Amount of fat

From personal experience I've never
    Rebounded once
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Heres a conversation someone else started that OP might be interested in....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10559222/2-months-after-stopping-phentermine#latest
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    No because when you stop taking is going to make you hungrier.
  • Da1NonlyMrsStiggers
    Da1NonlyMrsStiggers Posts: 6 Member
    And Garcinia??
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    etheodore wrote: »
    And Garcinia??

Worthless Dr. Oz junk which does nothing for weight loss except make your wallet lighter.

https://examine.com/supplements/garcinia-cambogia/
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member

yes. phentermine also known as adipex. get it via prescription
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator

yes. phentermine also known as adipex. get it via prescription

Even this one only works short term, and it's just an appetite suppression. IIRC, the lifespan on this pill is 1-2 months. After that, you are support to get off it.
  • peckchris3267
    peckchris3267 Posts: 368 Member
    Chrystal meth
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    There is actually a pill that you swallow that has a balloon inside it which swells up and partially fills your stomach so you have to eat less. Once you've lost the weight, they stick a tube down your throat and deflate it. Then your body just processes the balloon and you excrete it. It's the new rage as it's cheaper and less permanent than gastric bypass surgery True story.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    There is actually a pill that you swallow that has a balloon inside it which swells up and partially fills your stomach so you have to eat less. Once you've lost the weight, they stick a tube down your throat and deflate it. Then your body just processes the balloon and you excrete it. It's the new rage as it's cheaper and less permanent than gastric bypass surgery True story.

not fda approved in the US
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Macy9336 wrote: »

There are also pills you swallow with parasites. Doesn't make it a good idea.