When did YOU notice a difference...?

Options
Mahdi22
Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know when YOU saw a difference in your body and thought that it was working (whatever your goal)?

Was it after 2 months, 10 pounds...Something else??

I really need motivation and greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

Replies

• Mikeyiscool182
    Mikeyiscool182 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mahdi22 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is going to depend on how much you have to lose...the more you have to lose, the less noticeable things will be for longer. Also, people tend to lose weight from extremities first...fingers, arms, neck, etc...not terribly noticeable, particularly when people are really wanting to see a reduction in their "problem areas"...the thing is, "problem areas" tend to be primary fat stores and those are a first on, last off proposition.

I lost a total of 40 Lbs...and really, unless one was really paying attention to my finger size and neck or something, it wasn't very visually noticeable for the first 20 Lbs or so. From 200-190 it became more noticeable as my face began to really thin out and my waste line started to decrease....my last 10 Lbs (190-180) were hugely noticeable as I went from still having a bit of a belly to a flat stomach and further noticeably thinner face.

Hey, it seems like your old body looked similar to mines. I am 22 years old, 220 pounds and a male (if that matters lol), and would like to lose 40-50 pounds. The weight isn't as important as the feeling to take my shirt off and not be embarrased. I actually don't take my shirt off, never go to the beach or swimming because I hate the way I look. Its my millionth attempt to losing weight and hopefully I do this time.

What did you do to lose the weight? Any diet and exercise tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am in a similar position as you. In a year I put on 45lbs to go from a fit 190 to 235. In the last 2 months I've lost 25lbs by eating chicken, salads, and running on mondays and hiking Saturday and sundays. Great way to lose weight and be part of nature.

Hey, is that all your exercise in a week? Essentially, 3 days of exercise and eating healthy? And you lost 25 pounds? That's awesome.

A couple months ago, I did insanity which is a home dvd workout for 6 days a week and lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks and then got lazy and stopped. I decided to retry it again but another insanity workout which is 5 days a week and only 30 mins long. Tomorrow will be Day 1 Week 2, and I'm eating very healthy. Hopefully I see some results. I do notice I have more energy of that makes sense. And I have dimples on face which I haven't had in YEARS and co oletely forgot about but it's very minor lol. Gosh, I really hope I achieve my goals this year

Yes. I also have dumbbells from 20-35lbs. Cutting out alcohol also helped. When I turned 21 I may have drank way too often.
  • fitjp88
    fitjp88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know when YOU saw a difference in your body and thought that it was working (whatever your goal)?

Was it after 2 months, 10 pounds...Something else??

I really need motivation and greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks!

I started seeing mine after the first 40 pounds came off. Clothes fitting different and people's comments.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    This is going to depend on how much you have to lose...the more you have to lose, the less noticeable things will be for longer. Also, people tend to lose weight from extremities first...fingers, arms, neck, etc...not terribly noticeable, particularly when people are really wanting to see a reduction in their "problem areas"...the thing is, "problem areas" tend to be primary fat stores and those are a first on, last off proposition.

I lost a total of 40 Lbs...and really, unless one was really paying attention to my finger size and neck or something, it wasn't very visually noticeable for the first 20 Lbs or so. From 200-190 it became more noticeable as my face began to really thin out and my waste line started to decrease....my last 10 Lbs (190-180) were hugely noticeable as I went from still having a bit of a belly to a flat stomach and further noticeably thinner face.

Hey, it seems like your old body looked similar to mines. I am 22 years old, 220 pounds and a male (if that matters lol), and would like to lose 40-50 pounds. The weight isn't as important as the feeling to take my shirt off and not be embarrased. I actually don't take my shirt off, never go to the beach or swimming because I hate the way I look. Its my millionth attempt to losing weight and hopefully I do this time.

What did you do to lose the weight? Any diet and exercise tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am in a similar position as you. In a year I put on 45lbs to go from a fit 190 to 235. In the last 2 months I've lost 25lbs by eating chicken, salads, and running on mondays and hiking Saturday and sundays. Great way to lose weight and be part of nature.

Hey, is that all your exercise in a week? Essentially, 3 days of exercise and eating healthy? And you lost 25 pounds? That's awesome.

A couple months ago, I did insanity which is a home dvd workout for 6 days a week and lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks and then got lazy and stopped. I decided to retry it again but another insanity workout which is 5 days a week and only 30 mins long. Tomorrow will be Day 1 Week 2, and I'm eating very healthy. Hopefully I see some results. I do notice I have more energy of that makes sense. And I have dimples on face which I haven't had in YEARS and co oletely forgot about but it's very minor lol. Gosh, I really hope I achieve my goals this year

Yes. I also have dumbbells from 20-35lbs. Cutting out alcohol also helped. When I turned 21 I may have drank way too often.

This might sound stupid but I can't believe that simply eating healthy and exercising will make me lose weight lol. It's like shocking to hear someone just eating right and exercising and losing weight lol.

Good job on the weight loss btw!!!
    I really hope I have some results soon
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I noticed when I pulled out a pair of pants I haven't worn in a year and a half and found I could fit them again. That's 2.5 months/12 lbs.

I have a pair of Short jeans (i think that's what it's called lol) I haven't worn because they are super tight. Hopefully after 2 months, which is when my insanity workout finishes, I can fit into them!

Thanks for all the stories everyone! It's a huge motivation to know if other "normal" people, like me, can do it then I can do it too. I just need some patience sigh lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

I started at 220 Lbs. I used this app to track my calories and made efforts to improve my overall diet and nutrition...I didn't make any wholesale changes overnight...my diet evolved over time and I took that time to really immerse myself in the study of nutrition.

On the fitness front, I started out doing nothing but walking a I had been pretty much sedentary...after a month or so I started a C25K running program...a couple months later I started hitting the weight room. For most of my weight loss time I mostly did some jogging and lifting and exercised 5-6 days per week usually.

It took me about 9 months to lose 40 Lbs at which point I switched to maintenance. When I went to maintenance I set a goal to do a sprint triathlon...during my training I was injured and was unable to compete in the event...but the silver lining was that I re-discovered my bike and a passion for cycling. I've been in maintenance for 4 years and mostly cycle and lift...currently I'm riding about 60 miles per week and I lift 2-3x per week depending on available time and priorities. I do a couple of events every year and up my miles while specifically training for those things.
  • porkchop155
    porkchop155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just a few days for me when I felt better in my jeans. 2 months and 6 pounds for me to notice in the mirror. 3 months and 10 pounds for other people to comment that they noticed. Started at 158 pounds.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm down 23lbs from 133 to 110 and no-one's noticed.
    I noticed after the first 5lbs or so though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!