When did YOU notice a difference...?

Replies

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    I can feel the difference at about two weeks. Measurable differences after about a week of working out. After about a week of heavy weights I've lost about an inch off each of my upper thighs. It happens pretty much every time I decide to lose weight so it doesn't surprise me any more. I'm actually quite lucky for the instant gratification. My legs have always been really responsive to exercise. My arms take basically foreeeeever.
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    I don't know if I'm imagining things but my face looks slightly thinner. I haven't noticed any other physical changes in 1 month yet.
  • Mahdi22
    ekd23 wrote: »
    I didn't really notice much of a difference until about 30lbs down. I'm now 61 pounds down and noticing all kinds of changes.

30 pounds is so far away for me
  • Mahdi22
    It got rid of my entire post....
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    I notice difference in photos of myself. I normally don't feel all the different. Maybe being I dont really like the mirror all that much
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know when YOU saw a difference in your body and thought that it was working (whatever your goal)?

Was it after 2 months, 10 pounds...Something else??

I really need motivation and greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Congratulations on your success. It's a complicated answer with a lot of answers depending on what you're looking for.

On the scale I saw it after my first month after I lost about 10 pounds.

Verbally I saw it after about three months when people started to ask me how much weight I lost and how I look good. They also told told me I need to get new clothes cuz my stuff is baggy.

I saw it in the wallet after four or five months when I had to redo my whole wardrobe.

Personally mentally I guess I started to see it after a year. It took me 8 months to lose 80 pounds and I was maintaining for about 4 to 5 months and I saw my reflection in the mirror and my reaction was what the hell is wrong with that mirror and then it hit me that's the new me

Well I don't have any success yet lol. I've only dropped a couple of pounds.8 months is so far away....
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    I'm at 53lbs down and I noticed around the 25 mark that my face looked thinner and my belly became less round.

Now my belly is definitely losing fat because it's saggy and flatter. And my hips hurt when I sleep on my side and my back is horrid if I sleep on my belly. RIP stomach sleeping comfortably.
  • Mahdi22
    Month 2 week 2 day 1 is done! Cant believe how fast the time flew lol. I could've been doing what I always did a couple weeks ago or i can change my life :)

Month 2 is hard lol. I've noticed that the workouts feel longer, maybe because it's harder idk.
  • TammyL8
    TammyL8 Posts: 47 Member
    I noticed the difference when loading the dishwasher didn't absolutely kill my back. I was in so much pain from carrying around the extra weight that I would have to do my housework five minutes at a time. Now I still get back pain but it's not as often and I can do more before the pain starts.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    I'm 41lbs down. I don't see a huge change but I have people always commenting. I think it's because we see ourselves everyday. I lost weight before and I know I won't really see it in myself for about another 20lbs and then it's like I'm a different person.
  • Ainadan
    Ainadan Posts: 158 Member
    About 10 lbs. My face looked thinner and my tailbone started hurting if I sat down for too long. 10 lbs was about 25% of the way to my goal.
  • Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2017
    My thighs are the first to show signs (initially at least). My jeans stopped feeling so tight, I felt lighter on my feet, that was something that did make me feel funny for a few days after dropping first 10 pounds. Stopped feeling like a bloated whale after -17 lbs.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    We truly are our toughest critics. That being said, I really didn't notice my loss until nearly 80 lbs. I knew my clothes where fitting differently and my husband was telling me I was losing a ton of weight but I didn't see it in the mirror. One day I was getting ready and I checked my outfit in the mirror and told my husband "wow, this outfit makes me look kinda skinny!" He laughed at me and told me he's been trying to tell me I've been getting skinny for awhile now. I finally went shopping and realized I had lost three pant sizes and two shirt sizes. I still grab pants off the rack and think there is no way they will fit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!