small framed shorties! What has your weight loss progression been like?

I am 5'3 and started my journey at around 132. I am down to 123 and I have caught the fitness bug! I love to weight lift now muscles are the new "skinny" to me I decided this time around (I have lost the same 10 pounds over and over and over again) That it was time to get healthy not skinny. Now that i have lost some weight I feel like i have lost weight everywhere except my problem areas. I don't want to loose all my curves but would like to continue to tone up. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Yep. Start lifting. It really changes your body
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Hi OP - same boat as you. I am 5'3'' and 120 lbs (down from 150ish). I decided that I didn't want to just be skinny, but be fit/strong this time around now that I reached my goal weight. I think my body looks just perfect to me when I look in the mirror, but I know there's a lot of visceral fat that I still need to take care of when I check my BF%. Don't want to lose anymore weight, but what's to be done to get that BF% down? I decided that strength training is the next step in progress... now to figure out the routine and proper calories to complement. I would recommend you look into that path forward, too. Good luck!
  • gettingskinnymeg
    gettingskinnymeg Posts: 5 Member
    I bought beach body on demand and I am almost done with chalean extreme program. I like beachbody for cardio programs but the other weightlifting programs look a little intense and require more equipment. If any of you would like to share some free weight routine I'd appreciate it!
  • AndreaWatkins2015
    AndreaWatkins2015 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 5'0 and went from 128lbs and 27.5% bodyfat to 103.5lbs and 19% BF through logging my food and doing both strength and cardio using DVD's at home. I'm currently doing BBOD doing my 2nd round of Body Beast.