Bodybuilding vegan/vegetarian friends!

Hey everyone! I'm a 28 yo vegetarian working on building muscle and losing fat

Replies

• coopergirl15
    coopergirl15 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi. I'm 31 and a vegetarian as well, getting back into weight lifting after a neck injury. You can feel free to add me. :smiley:
  • mintyjuly
    mintyjuly Posts: 31 Member
    Hi! Also 28, vegan and just started weight training :)
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Hello! currently on stronglifts and on a vegan lifestyle. Goal is to build muscle and lose fat :smile:
  • barry_b12
    barry_b12 Posts: 86 Member
    I am looking to bulk up a bit though struggling - not (I don't think) because I'm vegan but because I'm older (but not necessarily wiser in this arena). I'd love to have vegan friends on that same road. :)
  • Jar1ssa
    Jar1ssa Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Everyone! I'm 27 and been a vegetarian for almost 6 months now. I absolutely love it! Since December I've lost about 10 pounds. I realize that a few of you are looking to gain but I'm actually trying to shred a little more. Any suggestions?
  • FlattoPhat
    FlattoPhat Posts: 22 Member
    Im 30 and a vegetarian for 12 years. I am also trying to gain muscle and lose fat.
  • Cecily55
    Cecily55 Posts: 15 Member
    barry_b12 wrote: »
    I am looking to bulk up a bit though struggling - not (I don't think) because I'm vegan but because I'm older (but not necessarily wiser in this arena). I'd love to have vegan friends on that same road. :)

HI, Barry, I'm older - in body if not in mind - answer I'm vegan simply because I seem to be allergic to everything that is not vegan. Plus I can't eat gluten / wheat, oats, or broccoli / cruciferous veggies. As a result it's hard to get enuf protein. I'm now 67, but a only a few years ago I was pretty fit. Now that ive figured out my dietary pro
  • Cecily55
    Cecily55 Posts: 15 Member
    To continue (cat stepped on post reply), . . . dietary problems, I'm looking to get back in shape so I can see my abs and triceps again. I'm really looking for a buddy to help work through these dietary changes while building some muscle and losing the fluff.
  • Valentinogomez
    Valentinogomez Posts: 24 Member
    Hello Everyone. Vegan weightlifter looking to achieve gainz on a Vegan Diet. Currently I am on a full bulking phase while leaning out to get rid of exess bodyfat. I begging to hitting the gym while recording out my progress on my simple workout log. Feel free to add me and keep in contact would like to have like minded friends :]
  • jayyb9
    jayyb9 Posts: 67 Member
    Hello. 23 year old male who is trying to build muscle and gain weight through a strictly vegan diet. Any high carb and high protein lunch and dinner ideas are really appreciated! :)
  • hannahnew625
    hannahnew625 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi! 19 female vegan. Not a body builder. But I lift weights in the gym and try to keep my protein intake high
  • wil_driver
    wil_driver Posts: 2 Member
    I just completed the nice to Vegitarian, and am working toward Vegan. I need more protien. I'm up to 50-65g per day. 40 from Vega shakes, 10-25 throughout the day. I'm looking to reach 100-ish grams.
    Any ideas?
  • bryansoto6745
    bryansoto6745 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm a 35 year old male who very recently adopted the vegan bodybuilding lifestyle in the last 6 weeks or so. Congratulations to everyone on taking control of your health and lifestyle.
  • ellendalgarno
    ellendalgarno Posts: 3 Member
    @wil_driver 2 year vegan here. I start my mornings with oatmeal, with protein powder, nuts and fruit. Lunch is typically veggies and pasta, a shake, or some sort of sandwich. Dinner is almost always veggies, beans, and a grain. I get anywhere from 110-135g protein per day!
  • vinit33pratap
    vinit33pratap Posts: 23 Member
    Hi, I'm m24 and a vegetarian. Losing fat and gaining strength is what I'm up for. I'm currently following beginner level Bodyweight exercises. Protein intake is quite challenging for a vegetarian.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    31, vegetarian/borderline vegan for most of my life! Began lifting again not too long ago and am back to logging! Goal is to lose fat (a lot) and gain some more muscles!! Glad to see I am not alone!

Feel free to add me (just please write that this is where you saw me)!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Hi, I'm m24 and a vegetarian. Losing fat and gaining strength is what I'm up for. I'm currently following beginner level Bodyweight exercises. Protein intake is quite challenging for a vegetarian.

I'm not vegetarian, but eat a lot of meatless meals. I don't find a vegetarian diet challenging in terms of protein as you can still eat eggs and dairy on top of plant based sources.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    wil_driver wrote: »
    I just completed the nice to Vegitarian, and am working toward Vegan. I need more protien. I'm up to 50-65g per day. 40 from Vega shakes, 10-25 throughout the day. I'm looking to reach 100-ish grams.
    Any ideas?

legumes of various forms will be your go-to for protein (specifically: lysine requirements). peas, lentil pasta (processed), seitan, etc. You should fairly easily be able to reach reasonable levels of protein with a little planning if you're not strict on carb intake.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2017
    This thread !!! Woo !!!

29, 80% vegan / lifelong vegetarian.
    Nearing weight loss goal doing stronglifts and starting to think about recomp