Concealed Carry Ladies Pants ??

Replies

• MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I live in Canada and the thought of someone carrying a gun just walking around is wild to me.

My response is literally zero help to you. Sorry about that.

You might feel differently if you lived in a country where everybody you met on the sidewalk had a gun on them, and likely a prescription for anti-depressants too.

I don't disagree with that at all - I posted above that I'm not judging, it's just such a foreign thing to me.

Also to this:
    Great question and I think it is very wise of you to be doing this. My dh said this would be the only way he would feel comfortable of me jogging outside. It is unfortunate that this is the society we live in. So those who are sharing their opinions on how "wild" this is. Would you rather she be harmed, raped or murdered simply because she is exercising and some jerk/madman wants to harm her or have her defend herself and he end up in the morgue? Just saying!

Did you expect me to say yes to this? Of course I wouldn't rather that. I just live in a place where the only people walking on a street next to me who can legally carry a gun are police officers.

Yes Canada is blessed compared to many countries where even police officers don't carry! Crazy stuff. My husband has a Canadian mentor and he has said several times how Americans take their freedom for granted.

oh all good except last line. shouldn't have gone there. oh my lord. let the firestorm commense. for the record, I am one American who does NOT take freedom for granted! My family served in the Military. My grandfather was a POW in Germany twice and received two purple hearts. My brother was an Airborne Ranger. just do NOT say that sh|t.

I didn't say it I'm saying that is one Canadian man's opinion. Obviously not all Americans take their freedom for granted though some do just like anything.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Just this week I purchased the UShake Gear Running Belt (Amazon for $10). My Ruger LCP 380 (tiny handgun) fits perfectly, and it doesn't bounce at all. The belt has a wide stretchy strap that sits on my hips and stays put, even on my smooth running capris. This is by far the best product for a small concealed handgun I've found.

I also own the belly band holster mentioned above and would not recommend it - it is just really big and sits awkwardly on my torso (and I'm 5'11"). I practiced drawing my gun from this holster, and the process of lifting my shirt, awkwardly reaching my hand down into the band pocket that is pressed tightly against my body to retrieve the gun isn't something I'd want to do under duress - it just didn't work for me and was a waste of $50.

That's interesting that you'd rather try to use fine motor skills, to unzip a compartment over lifting your shirt up and pulling it out. I agree the belly band draw isn't ideal. I guess just make sure you practice with whatever you decide. Make sure the first time you do something isn't a life or death situation and all that good stuff.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    Um.....Why wouldn't you just carry mace?
    Easier to carry, and a good shot of mace to the face will keep you as safe as a gun.

Why would I carry mace when I can carry a gun?

Ditto this! My brother is a police officer and he has had secondary spray so much it really doesn't faze him anymore....
  • bbhme
    bbhme Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Not for workout, but if since you have concealed carry, you might find this interesting. https://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/Annie_Jacket.shtml

I love their products and wear the women's travel vest frequently.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    I live in Canada and the thought of someone carrying a gun just walking around is wild to me.

You might feel differently if you lived in a country where everybody you met on the sidewalk had a gun on them, and likely a prescription for anti-depressants too.

I don't disagree with that at all - I posted above that I'm not judging, it's just such a foreign thing to me.

Also to this:
    Great question and I think it is very wise of you to be doing this. My dh said this would be the only way he would feel comfortable of me jogging outside. It is unfortunate that this is the society we live in. So those who are sharing their opinions on how "wild" this is. Would you rather she be harmed, raped or murdered simply because she is exercising and some jerk/madman wants to harm her or have her defend herself and he end up in the morgue? Just saying!

Did you expect me to say yes to this? Of course I wouldn't rather that. I just live in a place where the only people walking on a street next to me who can legally carry a gun are police officers.

Yes Canada is blessed compared to many countries where even police officers don't carry! Crazy stuff. My husband has a Canadian mentor and he has said several times how Americans take their freedom for granted.

oh all good except last line. shouldn't have gone there. oh my lord. let the firestorm commense. for the record, I am one American who does NOT take freedom for granted! My family served in the Military. My grandfather was a POW in Germany twice and received two purple hearts. My brother was an Airborne Ranger. just do NOT say that sh|t.

I didn't say it I'm saying that is one Canadian man's opinion. Obviously not all Americans take their freedom for granted though some do just like anything.

whatever ...stupid comment and totally unnecessary.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    edited April 2017

So why post?

For the OP: A belt pack would be simple and stable for you. Make sure you are carrying something as light as possible. The weight will bother you over time.

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited April 2017
    I carry a Ruger SR22 and wear Undertech Undercover compression shorts when I'm runing a new route.

Honestly, I've only carried in shoulder holsters as I carried big magnums (my concern was bears, not humans).

I was looking these Undertech Undercover shorts. It is an interesting concept, but doesn't the handgun bulge under your shirt & shorts at all when you are running?

I couldn't find pictures of people carrying in these that were actually clothes, just half naked models with the gun in plain view :)

Might have to get these though. I like the concept. I'm just curious what it looks like when someone has clothes over these.

• VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    slider728 wrote: »
    I carry a Ruger SR22 and wear Undertech Undercover compression shorts when I'm runing a new route.

Honestly, I've only carried in shoulder holsters as I carried big magnums (my concern was bears, not humans).

I was looking these Undertech Undercover shorts. It is an interesting concept, but doesn't the handgun bulge under your shirt & shorts at all when you are running?

I couldn't find pictures of people carrying in these that were actually clothes, just half naked models with the gun in plain view :)

Might have to get these though. I like the concept. I'm just curious what it looks like when someone has clothes over these.

I run with the Can Can Concealment sport belt and you can't see a thing, BUT the gun I run with is a tiny .380. A larger gun would print for sure.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2017
    Easier to carry, and a good shot of mace to the face will keep you as safe as a gun.

Its safer for the jogger to carry Mace when running and more than likely a better choice for accuracy especially if using a fogger type mace.

Try jogging in place for 2 minutes at the shooting range then attempt to hit a target you will get my point quickly

I have. I try to train for the situations I might be placed in. As an experienced runner, and an experienced shooter, I would much rather be carrying a gun than mace. A big reason is t hat I don't want to have to be close enough to a threat to use mace.

If someone is far away they aren't attacking you so you can't shoot them my mace shoots 25 feet. If they beat you up get up and walk away you can't shoot them after they have stopped. So many people are going to prison because they shot someone as they believe its legal or because they have a gun they are some how now a judge, jury executioner- My 2 cents - NOT EVEN A JUDGE puts someone to death for assault.

I can assure you killing someone will haunt you much more than the *kitten* kicking you might get ...lol..
  • ShiverStorm
    ShiverStorm Posts: 4 Member
    Can-can Concealment has a holster that rides your hips that works really well.

I've actually been looking for a better conceal carry as well. This looks awesome! And my husband more than approves ;) ty so much for the tip!!!
  • ShiverStorm
    ShiverStorm Posts: 4 Member

oh wow these are pretty awesome too!! Never thought I'd find stuff like this on MFP! You guys are awesome!
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member

Its safer for the jogger to carry Mace when running and more than likely a better choice for accuracy especially if using a fogger type mace.

Try jogging in place for 2 minutes at the shooting range then attempt to hit a target you will get my point quickly

I have. I try to train for the situations I might be placed in. As an experienced runner, and an experienced shooter, I would much rather be carrying a gun than mace. A big reason is t hat I don't want to have to be close enough to a threat to use mace.

If someone is far away they aren't attacking you so you can't shoot them my mace shoots 25 feet. If they beat you up get up and walk away you can't shoot them after they have stopped. So many people are going to prison because they shot someone as they believe its legal or because they have a gun they are some how now a judge, jury executioner- My 2 cents - NOT EVEN A JUDGE puts someone to death for assault.

I can assure you killing someone will haunt you much more than the *kitten* kicking you might get ...lol..

wow. just so much wrong with this thinking. shallow thinking. try again.

Please don't try again. There is a debate forum on this website. I would suggest that if you have strong feelings on this topic, that is where you should be.

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Didn't read them all but undertech has several options.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    captbklee wrote: »
    Just this week I purchased the UShake Gear Running Belt (Amazon for $10). My Ruger LCP 380 (tiny handgun) fits perfectly, and it doesn't bounce at all. The belt has a wide stretchy strap that sits on my hips and stays put, even on my smooth running capris. This is by far the best product for a small concealed handgun I've found.

I also own the belly band holster mentioned above and would not recommend it - it is just really big and sits awkwardly on my torso (and I'm 5'11"). I practiced drawing my gun from this holster, and the process of lifting my shirt, awkwardly reaching my hand down into the band pocket that is pressed tightly against my body to retrieve the gun isn't something I'd want to do under duress - it just didn't work for me and was a waste of $50.

That's interesting that you'd rather try to use fine motor skills, to unzip a compartment over lifting your shirt up and pulling it out. I agree the belly band draw isn't ideal. I guess just make sure you practice with whatever you decide. Make sure the first time you do something isn't a life or death situation and all that good stuff.

Veiled sarcasm gets me every time. I have practiced with both bands, as stated in my post, and prefer unzipping the belt to draw. Don't assume that I haven't been in a life or death situation "and all that good stuff". No draw is ever going to be ideal, but you do the best you can with what you choose and what you practice with. Someone suggested the belly band... I tried it and it didn't work for me. I bought the running belt and love it. I didn't ask for opinions on my gear. And, now I sound like a bwitch.