Home workout buddies to share ideas and help keep motivated

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Hump Day Workout

3 Circuits - do each circuit for 10 minutes trying to get through as many rounds and reps as possible. Rest for 1 minute between circuits

Circuit #1
    10 Kettle Bell Swings
    10 Jumping Jacks
    10 Curtsy Squats

Circuit #2
    10 medicine ball sit ups
    10 weighted glute bridges
    10 weighted Russian Twists

Circuit #3
    10 Kettle Bell Deadlifts
    10 Butt Kickers
    10 Walking Lunges

Cool down and stretch
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey all! I'm an at-home workout junkie! feel free to add me as I post daily and love to support all of my friends! I'm currently doing Couch to 5k as I've never been a runner and really want to start. Additionally, I LOVE Beachbody On Demand...so many options at such a great price! Feel free to ask me any questions and let me know how I can support you and get your support in return :)

My weeks so far:
    Apr 30 - 30 min of walk/jog intervals for couch to 5k plus long walk with the pup
    May 1 - Core de Force workout (mixed martial arts/kickboxing) plus long walk with the pup
    May 2 - 30 min of walk/jog intervals for couch to 5k plus long walk with the pup
    May 3 - TBD...I'll edit when I do something :smiley:

-J
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    May 3: Rockin'body disco party, yoga (am)/
    20 min 1st half 6 week 6 pack abs, 26 min aerobics(pm)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Added a 20 min/1.75 mile jog after work. Only nice day we are going to have for a while.

Workout for Thursday May 4
    35 minutes treadmill
    Heavy weights (upper body)
    Pilates in the PM
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    I workout from home i seem to get bettter results then when I went to a gym. use a treadmill,play just dance games,also I watch workout videos on YouTube soo I have quite a few options if I get bored.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Friday Workout

30 day shred, level 1
    1 mile run
    20 minutes Pilates
  • DancingMoosie
    I did one hour firm super Cardio mix, then a 3 mile run after work
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Today (Saturday May 6) I did a 3.1 mile run followed by 2 hours of shoveling mulch into a wheelbarrow and then taking the wheelbarrow down the hill to my dad's mulch beds and back up to do all over again. I need a hot tub
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    So glad I just saw this, though a bit late to the party. I do all of my workouts from home, mainly because I live an hour away from the nearest gym. I have a variety of DVDs, mat, dumbbells, recumbent bike and mountain bike. Was doing great with 4 to 5 workouts each week, but got sidelined by a knee injury about 10 days ago. Will be back at it either tomorrow or Monday, and not feeling a whole lot of motivation right now. Looking for a way to keep accountable and have tips for new ideas. I think this will do it!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    I work out at home with dvds or Youtube videos every morning. After work I go to the gym and lift weights or run.

I alternate circuit weight training days and cardio days. I have dumbells from 8 to 30 lbs, stability ball, resistance bands, kettlebells, a Spinning bike, and an adjustable step bench that goes from 6 to 14" high. Most of my dvds are by Cathe Friedrich. I do Youtube videos by Fitness Blender and Jessica Smith.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    May 7 workout:
    2 sets of:
    10 tricep dips
    10 barbell rows
    10 shoulder presses
    10 bicep curls
    10 bench presses
    45 second plank
    10 deadlifts
    35 minutes on recumbent bike

It is very early here, so hoping to get a walk in this afternoon, pending rain.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    May 7 workout:
    30 Day Shred Level 1
    2 mile walk outside to enjoy the sunshine
    20 minute Pilates DVD to stretch and get some core work

Then meal prep and baking for my sons birthday and to stock the freezer at our summer place
  • DancingMoosie
    I was out of town, so not my normal workouts this weekend. Yesterday was Cathe cardio core circuit, today was Turbo Jam #3, a little yoga stretch, and I ran through my dance twice
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Hey all,

I workout at home too. I'm a copyeditor and I work full time from home while caring for my two-year old son. My husband's current job has us traveling and living in different cities for just a few months at a time. Between constantly moving around and having a toddler, getting a gym membership is tricky, so for the last year I've been trying to work out at home with varied results lol.

Because we are constantly moving, we don't actually own very much furniture. And this includes workout equipment. So I mostly do bodyweight exercises like planks push-ups squats etc. sometimes the housing that they set us up and has a little workout room or something along those lines, but not all the time. So my workouts vary a bit based on where we are living.

We are supposed to be moving in June, and our new location we will be in for about a year. So, I may try and get a gym membership there but it will also depend on funds. I'd love to get into lifting, but if it doesn't fit in a suitcase (or if it pushes my suitcase weight over 50 lbs) it's out of the question as far as owning equipment lol.

I have a really hard time staying motivated. I go through spurts where I work out regularly and then spurts where I don't at all. Any tips on staying motivated would be greatly appreciated :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I got a fitness glider some years back, which I now use 5 times a week. I've been slowly building up a gym with
    • A book of strength training exercises
    • A stability ball
    • Fitness tubes
    • Fitness bands
    • A Nerf soccer ball (some of the warm-up exercises require using a ball to work out with)
    • A mat
    • dumbbells

On my 'to get at some point' list:
    • Some sort of low platform. Probably just get a stepstool from Wal-Mart
    • Heavier dumbbells
    • Another set of fitness tubes; some of the strength-training exercises in the book require two tubes, one for each leg.

I also take long walks.

• buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    I did a 1.5 mile run, followed by some weights, followed by a nice hot bath! X
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Im trying to add some activity to my daily routine, all varieties that seem fun to me. I probably qualify as the ultimate anti exerciser, but I really want to do this. I'm trying to start with some yoga stretches for 15 minutes with the idea of working up to a total of 60 minutes of varied activity a day.
    That's the plan. I ordered a pretty yoga towel that should get here tomorrow.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Completed Level 1 of the 30 Day shred followed by a 20 minute walk at 4mph
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    C25k Week 5 day 1.
    Weights: Squats, Bench Press, Rows and Leg extensions.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    You can add me. I have always worked out at home. I have a large collection of dvds and have invested in beach body on demand which allows me to do my workouts anywhere that has WiFi on my iPad. I am currantly visiting my parents and have done my workouts in random places in the house. I am currently in the 10th week of doing the weight circuits from chalean extreme 3 days a week and then I either do my elliptical or turbo fire for the days in between. I have seen amazing results from this program so far. I also love love fitnessblender.com. great free workouts to suit any need on that site