PASTA SALAD-low calorie mayo ideas?

Jeannie3099
Jeannie3099 Posts: 61 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hey! I just dropped below that awful 200 pound mark and have lost 63 pounds.

I need some help finding a good tasting alternative to mayo. I've tried the olive oil types and that new avocado mayo. They are good but I want to go lower calorie.

Does anyone know of a tasty low calorie dressing for pasta that uses either low fat sour cream or yogurt?? Something that I can use that is creamy and can be used on green salads?

By the way, if you are really serious about keeping the weight off and have lost 50 or 60 pounds or any large amount of weight.....message me. I am looking for dedicated, serious friends who check in regularly. Tired of the ones who give upXXXX.

Thanks guys!!!
Jeannie

Replies

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    I make a mock Alfredo by blending cottage cheese (full fat tastes better and will still be less caloric than mayo), a clove or two of garlic, and a dry ranch dressing seasoning packet (1/4 to 1/2 to a big container of cottage cheese, depending on your taste). Just toss it all in a blender or food processor and whiz until smooth.

Works both as a sauce for warm pasta and a dip for raw veggies, so it might work as salad dressing or pasta salad dressing for you.

You're welcome to add me if you want, or not - I'm down 45+ pounds at the moment, and I log every day, but I'm not really chatty on the feed.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    The easiest is fat free greek yogurt + hidden valley ranch seasoning.

For pasta salad, I tend toward non-creamy dressings. This greek salad was fantastic, and the oil is optional:
    http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/03/the-easiest-chopped-chickpea-greek-salad/
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I just use Lite mayo.
  • 1coolmofo
    1coolmofo Posts: 65 Member
    Cottage cheese sent through food processor.
  • kpaustian
    kpaustian Posts: 3 Member
    I use light italian dressing. 35 cal for two tablespoons
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Light Greek dressing or fat free miracle whip
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    I've seen sauces made with pureed mushrooms, nuts and tofu. I think it will depend on what you want in terms of mouthfeel and taste.
  • Jeannie3099
    Jeannie3099 Posts: 61 Member
    Great! Lots of good ideas here......writing them down!!!!
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Pureed white beans ... maybe with some lemon juice, garlic and rosemary. Mmmm
  • jamskybly
    jamskybly Posts: 7 Member
    I completely cut out mayo a few months ago, I replaced it mainly with avocados and sour cream. They still contain calories and fat but no way near as much as mayo and avocado has so much good fat!

Each day for lunch I have pasta, and my sauce contains half an avocado(mashed) and a table spoon of sour cream. It delicious! I have also recently made some Homemade ketchup which is tomatoes, onions (roasted about 45 mins) and tablespoon of apple cider vinegar - all whizzed up. Works really well with pasta and feta cheese!

Hope this helps with some ideas, there's also low fat yoghurt but I can't stand the stuff!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    Depending on where you are, look for Opa Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing. It honestly tastes *better* than regular bottled ranch for a fraction of the calories. :)

Their Caesar dressing is really good, too, but the ranch is outstanding!