How many Whole Eggs can I consume every day?

ferd_ttp5
ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
How many eggs can I consume every day? I heard many recommendation said that eat only 1 egg every day, because one whole egg contains about 50% of our cholesterol intake or needed daily. I'm not that consistent on macros if I can do 2 eggs everyday I would because it can fill me up easily and satiety until noon time if I eat it in breakfast.

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I like this article: https://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-eggs-should-you-eat/ from authorityNutrition. I eat up to 4 eggs a day sometimes. I see no reason to limit egg intake (within reason, not eating a dozen per day) unless your doctor advises it.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    I get tired of eggs after about four a day.

Dietary cholesterol isn't really a cause of high serum cholesterol. Your body makes its own, regardless of how much or little you eat.

Eggs have a decent amount of saturated fat, which might be a reason to limit them.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I suppose as many as fit your calories and leave room for your other nutritional goals. Not sure how many that would be for you. I usually limit it to 2 for me but that's just personal preference.
  • 1coolmofo
    1coolmofo Posts: 65 Member
    Whole eggs have too much saturated fat a cholesterol for my liking. I do use egg white protein powder however to help with protein goals.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Depends. Maybe 50?
    1pkx5lcjf9sr.jpg

No one can eat that many eggs!!

giphy.gif
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I eat 2-4 eggs a day and have for a while now. My blood work and all that good stuff is great.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Some days I'll eat two, some days as many as eight or twelve. It just really depends on what I want in a given day, and how far behind on my fat intake I am. Eating all of the potatoes, vegetables and chicken boob tends to have that effect.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Dietary cholesterol is no longer a recommended limit, I believe. I eat on average 2 eggs a day, but that's not the answer, it's just what I do. How many do you want to eat over, say, the course of a week?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'm just going off of your 5k calorie in one meal post, but for 5k, you can eat 68 large eggs. You may not want to do that...

Thanks for doing the math on that... I was curious myself

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Depends on your goals. I recommend 5 dozen if you are looking to be, roughly, the size of a barge.

:D:D:D
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'm just going off of your 5k calorie in one meal post, but for 5k, you can eat 68 large eggs. You may not want to do that...

Thanks for doing the math on that... I was curious myself

No math here, I just used the database and played with the number until I got the sub 5k. It actually left room for 3 calories worth of fibre! :laugh:
  • cbtebb
    cbtebb Posts: 34 Member
    I have two eggs every morning with breakfast, sometimes 3. On some days I may then make a 4 eggs omelette for lunch/dinner as well. The only thing is that the amount of sat fat in them that consideration in your other meals should be taken into account, however you need fat in your diet anyway so that shouldn't be a reason to eat less of them.
  • frannyupnorth
    frannyupnorth Posts: 56 Member
    there is no recommended limit on how many eggs people should eat - see nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/eggs-nutrition.aspx
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    On average 1.
    https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
    The article above explains what the research behind eggs and cholesterol was about, and how it proves it is safe to consume some eggs as an adult, about 1 per day and not the unlimited eggs per day some people want to understand:
    "Of course, this research doesn’t give a green light to daily three-egg omelets. While a 2008 report from the Physicians’ Health Study supports the idea that eating an egg a day is generally safe for the heart, it also suggests that going much beyond that could increase the risk for heart failure later in life. "
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    This sounds like a challenge ...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    aggelikik wrote: »
    On average 1.
    https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
    The article above explains what the research behind eggs and cholesterol was about, and how it proves it is safe to consume some eggs as an adult, about 1 per day and not the unlimited eggs per day some people want to understand:
    "Of course, this research doesn’t give a green light to daily three-egg omelets. While a 2008 report from the Physicians’ Health Study supports the idea that eating an egg a day is generally safe for the heart, it also suggests that going much beyond that could increase the risk for heart failure later in life. "

Your post is interesting because here, in Italy, The oldest person in the world just died at 117 yrs about 2 or 3 weeks ago. She attributed her longevity to eating 3 eggs a day. Havard asked for a blood sample several years ago.
  • Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Idk, if you start now and hit me up at sundown though I would like to know, because thats an interesting challenge :P I mean Ive seen hotdog eating contests egg eating contests, I am pretty sure this is the reason why they made breakfast buffets... Now to be right here on the invention of the all day breakfast buffet, it just warms my heart