WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,828 Member
    Machka - hoping for great results from your surgery!
    Machka I'm glad your doing well this morning after your surgery!
    <3<3<3

Thanks! :)

It's still later the same day here ... 10 pm. But I've been napping on and off so it kind of feels like the next day.

They told me I could probably start doing a bit of walking in a couple days.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    My oldest daughter and granddaughter are supposed to fly in this evening. Her younger daughter lives here and is graduating high school tomorrow night. Both tonight and tomorrow they are predicting severe thunderstorms and high chances of tornadoes, ugh. She flies out Sunday morning on her way to Greece for 10 days. To top it all off she was in a car accident on the way to work yesterday and her new car may be totaled. She was not hurt seriously but is very sore. Ugh

Praying the weather holds out long enough for them to get here safely.

On a more positive note, she did complete her master's degree work with an A- over all and begins testing for her CPA the first part of August. Throw a wedding in there June 10th in Vegas makes her a busy gal. :)

Janetr okc
  • jddavis2015
    jddavis2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Mary from Minn. - That is fantastic! It must be very satisfying and inspiring to see all the progress you've made in the last five months. It's concrete proof that all your hard work is paying off. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Kelly what is the training day for? Sounds like a great day, I love days where you can be around adults and talk shop!
    NYKAREN
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,813 Member
    I wonder....... if you had the mumps and measles as a child but never got the MMR shots, are you vulnerable to get them again?

Too hot too fast here. Better than the continuous rain though. Used the air conditioner for first time in RV. Glad that works great! DH was angry I was running it. He turned it off and put a small fan in the window last night. Mistake. I didn't sleep well at all, and neither did dogs. Windows were open so every little noise set the dogs off. Oh, well, maybe he learned his lesson and will let me use the air tonight.

What I thought was an allergy attack was actually a cold. Took zinc tabs and Hall cough drops. Cleared it up mostly. Started Sunday, better today.

We all need to remember to do what feels right for ourselves, not what other people expect or want us to do. Helping and doing for others is what we as women are inclined to do, but if we don't take care of ourselves or are not happy in our situations, we cannot take care of anyone else.

Rita from steamy NE CT.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited May 2017
    Machka – I thought about you a lot yesterday and was wondering how your surgery went. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Are they keeping you in the hospital for a day or two? Crossing fingers for good results!

Mary – OK, I’m going into the sporting goods store today and price weights. Thank you for sharing your monthly stats! You have made wonderful progress and it’s very inspiring, considering your health issues with Lymes.

Lisa – If you get lonely on your long road trips, would you consider taking along a girl-friend you enjoy to keep you company? I had to do a few long road trips for work to conferences and training, and luckily was able to car-pool with a gal I really liked. The time zoomed by plus there was another set of eyes on the road.

Kelly – Your training sounds very interesting and what a great way to get steps in! Glad the new kids will be a good fit. With their dad acting like an *kitten*, I can see why the divorce is happening. You’ll be a great influence on the little ones. Hugs and smooches to little Joaquin. Don’t blame him for being upset.

Meg – Mumps! Get well soon…. Any idea who you caught them from? I read up on it last night and apparently, they are most contagious before the symptoms start in. Swell, right? Literally!

Janet – how wonderful it will be to have a CPA in the family! Good for her – enjoy the visit with her and DGD! Glad she wasn’t hurt in the accident. Geeze.

Heather – glad things are calmed down regarding the house and you and DH can move on…..now, watch fate start putting things together perhaps? Stranger things have happened...

Dana – I still have a couple boxes in the garage from when we moved in here ten years ago. I should just take them directly to Goodwill since I don’t use what’s in them. I have a few “family” dishes and things I’d keep if/when we move again. I admire your organized cupboard. Jealous, in fact.

DJ – Sounds like a wonderful time for you at the beach! Love the quote about fat cells having an eternal life. Tho I think some of mine did die, a lot more came to the funeral and stuck around.

Allie – glad you didn’t get hurt with that fall! Don’t know which is worse – forward or backwards onto the keester. Either direction can have bad consequences.

Kate – Very interesting about the unexploded ordnance. Good they can pinpoint locations like that.

Marcelyn – look at you rubbing it in with the Christmas photo. Cute picture! Cute DH! Cute story about getting your MRS degree, lol. You look fabulous!

RE – where are you?

Ginger – what’s new with you?

OK peeps I need to wrap this up. Dental appointment at 8 – cleaning today. New dentist’s office.

Also stop at the post office and mail off documentation to the IRS about the bank 1099R mix-up. The bank managed (they claim) to re-issue a corrected 1099R showing I did NOT get a big distribution in 2015. I kind of cringed at the grammar in the letter the operations manager sent me….and a “your” / “you’re” error. I am sending a copy to the IRS. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday a couple times and could sense anxiety – she said due to my situation, they realized there were some for for 2016 that would need to be corrected for other people and that the “IRS had changed their procedures” so that’s why the mix-up with mine. Um…. Really? All's well that ends well. Glad I could be of service.

Have a wonderful day!!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,828 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka – I thought about you a lot yesterday and was wondering how your surgery went. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Are they keeping you in the hospital for a day or two? Crossing fingers for good results!

No ... it was day surgery. They do things so quickly these days.

I finally got into surgery about 1 pm, and was in recovery by about 3:30 pm ... and was discharged at 6 pm.

They suggested the whole thing should take about 3 hours, but I have trouble coming out of anaesthetic so I took an extra couple hours.

I'm to have someone with me for 24 hours and not do anything strenuous at all in that time.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    443081fwtx95sy3b.gif
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Machka ~ Hoping your surgery went well and you will be back to normal soon.

Mary ~ WOW! What great results for all your hard work.

Dana ~ Can't imagine having so many emails. Is there a reason you let them accumulate? Loved your red Christmas dishes.

Janet OK ~ Thankful your daughter was not badly hurt. Glad you are going to get to visit with her.

DJ ~ Is your daughter planning to stay close? Glad y'all had a beautiful day at the beach.

Heather ~ What a relief for you and your husband that you no longer have to worry about the houses. From what you have said, the house you live in is lovely even though you feel it's a little to far from the shopping you enjoy.

Kelly ~ Congrats on getting your day care filled.

Lenora ~ Glad you are getting SF to help with the car repair.

I have to go stay with my 5 yr old granddaughter until her mom gets out of school today. The poor thing has strep throat again for about the 4th time this year. Every so often it's either strep or ear infections. She had her adenoids out but I'm thinking they need to get the tonsils out.

I am cutting the dead parts of azaleas out in front of my house. They look so naked. I am sad because in the past they were always lovely. I am going to get creeping gardenias to grow behind hoping it will fill in some of the dead areas.

Carol in GA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Joyce: I have sympathy for your daughter. My MIL not only didn't like me, she was actively mean. She apologized on her deathbed. I forgave her and we both were able to move on. Now I'm in a tough spot because I don't like my son-in-law. He is lazy and a blowhard, but he is the father of my three grandchildren and I try to be nice. He is a loving dad. His mother is sweet but she raised weak sons. The oldest is a stand up guy who supports his family. One died of liver failure caused by acute alcoholism. One is an independent building contractor, but was living at home when I was there. So was my daughter and her whole family. :ohwell:

Alison: I'm so sorry you fell, and am glad you weren't seriously hurt. A mani & pedi is a lovely thing to do for yourself. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Meg: OH my! I am so sorry you have the mumps. I've never had them and am keeping my fingers crossed that I never do. I hope you have a light case and get well soon. :heart:

Dr. Katie: I'm so sorry about your speeding ticket. :ohwell: It could have happened to me a zillion times, because I tend to have a lead foot. I've been lucky so far, and only been ticketed once. I wrote a letter to the judge and got my fine reduced. That was quite a few years ago. :embarassed:

Heather: I am so happy to hear that you've decided to stay in your current home. It is so lovely. I would feel like a ton of stress had been lifted if I was in your place. :heart:

M in OZ: I hope the surgery was totally successful. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: I hope you have a good visit with your daughter and granddaughter. :smiley:

I had a text chat with my riding teacher last night regarding a class she was planning to take that I wanted to watch. She's had to cancel taking the class due to family visiting. She complimented me on how well I did during the cutting class. It is the biggest compliment I've ever had from her. There will be a horse acupuncturist at the stable during our usual lesson time so there won't be a lesson. I am planning to be there and see what the acupuncturist does.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    My daughter said it is snowing in Denver. They are supposed to get several inches. That's crazy.

Janetr okc

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    I posted this morning... and it's gone!

My ex MIL had a massive stroke yesterday and the hospital she was in is moving her to hospice. Her son went to visit and she was on the commode unresponsive. She's 88 and has a good life. Prayers for Barbara and her family!
    <3

I have so many emails cause every time I go delete 2000 then in a week there's a ton more. Mostly ads where I have bought stuff from. I have receipts in there and my husband uses eBay a lot so there's stuff from them too. It's just a mess. The more I go to websites to unsubscribe, it seems like there a ton more. It's so time consuming!! Ugh!!

Good day y'all
    Dana in Arkansas
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Hi all - busy day ahead so no individual comments from me just now. You are all in my thoughts, girl scout cookies, adventures, surgery, anniversary, mumps, and all!

Love you,

Toni in Tennessee
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Dana - one thing that might help is simply getting a new e-mail address, and letting just those who matter to you know what it is. It's a pain, in many ways, but it stops the junkmail for a while.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Happy Museum Day!

Brought to you by the International Council of Museums since 1977.

Joyce - I asked my stylist about doing a tortoiseshell color and his estimate was about the same. Maybe someday...

Meg - Oh, my gosh, so sorry about the mumps! I hear it's a lot harder for adults than it is for children! Hope you have a mild case and are on the mend soon.

Drkatiebug - So sorry about the speeding ticket... I have a bit of a "lead foot" and it's very easy to get lost in thinking about other things and nudge that accelerator a little too hard.

Heather - Congratulations on putting an end to the house sale and search! I'm glad you are both happy with the decision. It is SO stressful to be trying to sell a home!

Now I have to dash off to work. (Figuratively, of course... literally I just have to close the forum and open the project management software but that doesn't sounds nearly as exciting!) Work continues to be very busy but I'll have some good paydays ahead to make up for it.

Hope you all enjoy your day.

-Yvonne in TX