Weekly Post - 30.04. - 06.05.2017

flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
bit late on starting...

Busy times...slowly everything is falling into place.

After two weeks of haitius and too much food and no fasts...my weight is up a bit. Fasting today and feeling much better.

To the question about daily logging from last weeks thread...very individual. Logging daily keeps me honest, but I do tend to listen to the total cals more so than my hunger...so sometimes it can be counterproductive. I log on and off...but I can't stay away too long. The scale will go up if I do... If I really want to lose...logging honestly is the only way for me.

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,937 Member
    Hi everybody!
    Hope all is good. Yes, my guy and I have felt that logging everything has been very eye opening! It is amazing how many calories are in things and how naive we can be. We find it really helps us stay on track.
    The more I try and think what happened with me and how I gained weight while eating pretty healthy is - I was over eating healthy foods. Not counting calories. Not going to the gym. And slacking off on the weekends pretty heavy duty. All of those things for me add up to weight gain. On top of that I have a sedentary job where I sit on my butt all day long.
    I told a coworker about 5:2 and she is going to borrow the book and she seems VERY excited and thinks she wants to get started. I am so happy for her! :)
    Weekend was good. Been keeping up with the gym. Took Friday off but got there Saturday and Sunday.
    Monday was a light day and we went to the gym after work. Light day was good. No issues. They do get easier as you go through them! For some reason I am retaining a little water today when I weighed in. No biggie. Not going to get stressed. Drinking a lot of water today and counting calories.
    Saturday we are off to Mexico for a week, and I am really seeing if I can try and lose two pounds or more if possible, before we go. If I don't not a big deal. I am still very pleased with how things are going for me! :smiley:
    Have a good one and I'll chat with you soon!
    Meghan
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Well poor me... suffering with a horrible sore throat today and achy bones!! Still in the housecoat keeping warm with blanket and hot water with lemon and honey, actually lots of honey! So I probably have blown any idea of keeping within calories today. I can't talk at all.... Soup may be on the menu later, but I just feel like something to soothe my throat! Maybe I'll gargle with scotch!! Haven't been sick in years!!!! :'(

Meghan you have done really well on this plan so good for you for being inspiring to your co-worker!! Just seeing the change in you would be enough for her. Have a great time in Mexico and they make Pacifico Light now....!!!!! 93 cals a bottle! Just stick to their fresh fruit platters and nachos & beer you'll be good.... salads are always washed in their water so I wouldn't order any! I was sick on those thinking garden salads were the healthy option. Have a great time so jealous!!!!

Flumi a little hiatus is good for the soul. Coming back stronger and with a renewed sense of purpose. Always enjoy your posts!

Now can someone get me more hot water & lemon & lots of honey pleeeassse!!!!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Well poor me... suffering with a horrible sore throat today and achy bones!! Still in the housecoat keeping warm with blanket and hot water with lemon and honey, actually lots of honey! So I probably have blown any idea of keeping within calories today. I can't talk at all.... Soup may be on the menu later, but I just feel like something to soothe my throat! Maybe I'll gargle with scotch!! Haven't been sick in years!!!! :'(

Meghan you have done really well on this plan so good for you for being inspiring to your co-worker!! Just seeing the change in you would be enough for her. Have a great time in Mexico and they make Pacifico Light now....!!!!! 93 cals a bottle! Just stick to their fresh fruit platters and nachos & beer you'll be good.... salads are always washed in their water so I wouldn't order any! I was sick on those thinking garden salads were the healthy option. Have a great time so jealous!!!!

Flumi a little hiatus is good for the soul. Coming back stronger and with a renewed sense of purpose. Always enjoy your posts!

Now can someone get me more hot water & lemon & lots of honey pleeeassse!!!!!
  • Meghan509
    Oooh you poor thing! Please feel better Mama!
    Definitely stay hydrated - water, water, water! Flood those nasties out of you. At least that is what I would do. ;)

Thanks Mama! My coworker is a doll. I am so happy for her. She will do well, I just know it. Still working on her, as far as her getting to come on here with our little community. ;) I will keep you posted if she joins!

Great advice for vacation! We will be at an all inclusive and actually one that we were at last year. This year we have four couples going. Mexico isn't going to know what hit it. LOL
    I do know that they have filtered water throughout the resort. I have never had a problem in Mexico or at another location we were at in the Dominican Republic (same ownership). *knocks wood* I actually tend to eat a salad for lunch to save a few calories... :o The ceviche is good too! But definitely good advice! Thank you. I am going to look in to light beer and try and keep it low key as far as booze during the day. For night time that is another story... There is lots of fresh fruit on the buffet for breakfast as well as oatmeal, which I love. I will try and lean towards that instead of a regular omlet every day (with cheese) which I did last year. Or if I decide on the grill - egg whites or eggs vs. a regular omlet to save some calories. Avoid the pastries, pancakes, and waffles that tend to scream my name when I walk by them! :s
  • Meghan509
    edited May 2017
    Hi all.
    Hope everybody is good. I am well. I almost hit my vacation goal. Almost is good for me! .8 of a pound away... But, happy! :D We are off to Mexico tomorrow and I probably will not be on much if at all next week. If I do it will be brief!
    Yesterday's light day was good. Tried to push a little harder at the gym yesterday since we won't be back there for a while. Keeping it low key today with my usual oatmeal for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch and a little fruit. Water and green tea too.
    Have a good one and I'll see you all soon! B)
    Meghan
  • mamainthekitchen
    I've often joked about pretending to be sick and lettting the fam leave me alone for a few days of peace & quiet and couple days of detox soups..... reality of being actually sick is headache, bodyache, the smell of Vicks in your hair and that film on your teeth from too many lozenges! Hope everyone has a good weekend :(

• Meghan509
    Hope you feel better Mama... Ugh! Not fun. Hope you have a good weekend too.
    Chat soon.