Protein shake

If I am pushing weights on split days for about 4/5 days a week. Should I be taking 2 or 3 mass gainer shakes a day (mass gainer is the type of shake I am using)
Cheers

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Personally, I stay away from mass gainers. Most of them are loaded with fillers. The independent analysis on www.labdoor.com would support these (they are always rated at the bottom of the group).

You don't need to drink mass gainers. If anything, you need to work on your diet so you can sustain your diet long term. If you are struggling to get calories, I'd recommend the below.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    If you're struggling to hit your protein goals,I'd suggest a plain whey protein powder. I agree with the above: mass gainers just make me feel bloated and ruin my appetite
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Hit your macro goals. How many ever shakes you need to take a day is fine. Unfortunately I feel like the only mass gainers out there that are worth a darn are the higher dollar ones.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Chocolate milk is a good mass gainer :) Hit your macros and don't waste your money.
  • bourne1574
    bourne1574 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been experimenting with all sorts of shakes recently. All homemade ones. YouTube is brill! Oats, frozen berries, rice crispies,bananas, peanut butter, milk, raw egg whites and cottage cheese which is