Before & After: Weight Lifting Edition

2»

Replies

• tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Incredible, all of you !
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    You guys are having such AMAZING results!!!! This is awesome, and keep them coming!
  • doughd2
    doughd2 Posts: 86 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hoohoohaa wrote: »
    doughd2 wrote: »
    I recently posted these in another thread. Mine's not a weight loss, but muscle gained. I've been doing crossfit for 3 years, which I know isn't traditional "weightlifting" but sure involves a lot of lifting of weights. :smiley:

"Skinny fat" on the right from a few years ago before I started.
    asytgcn8ebtq.jpg

That shirt, tho...

Gah. Quintessential crossfit shirt. I did not purchase that for myself. *where's the face palm smiley* :#
  • Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Yes, impressive! 5 months that is a lifestyle change!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Laviegurl25 those results are awesome! That's exactly what I'm hoping to see; my midsection is the worst and the last place I lose. Are you solely lifting?

I started SL 5x5 in March, but would end up doing more like twice a week instead of the three they recommended. So April is the first month I lifted consistently 3x per week. I haven't lost much weight, but stuff is fitting better. I finally took photos for a point of reference earlier this week...so I can only hope I see that type of reduction in my tummy in 4 months. Awesome job!
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Laviegurl25 those results are awesome! That's exactly what I'm hoping to see; my midsection is the worst and the last place I lose. Are you solely lifting?

I started SL 5x5 in March, but would end up doing more like twice a week instead of the three they recommended. So April is the first month I lifted consistently 3x per week. I haven't lost much weight, but stuff is fitting better. I finally took photos for a point of reference earlier this week...so I can only hope I see that type of reduction in my tummy in 4 months. Awesome job!

I do a cardio warm up then 30 minute weights on arms one day, shoulder, chest and back another and legs another with a cardio day involved as well. I am at the gym 5-6x a week during my lunch hour.
    I haven't lost weight. Maybe so far 7lbs in those 5 months
    If you stick to it you will definitely see results! Always take pictures!! Haha
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    @Laviegurl25. Impressive IMO is when one starts and sticks with a goal rather then sit around and dream or grip. Great results to you and the other posters who have shared.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member

I do a cardio warm up then 30 minute weights on arms one day, shoulder, chest and back another and legs another with a cardio day involved as well. I am at the gym 5-6x a week during my lunch hour.
    I haven't lost weight. Maybe so far 7lbs in those 5 months
    If you stick to it you will definitely see results! Always take pictures!! Haha

Wow only a 7 lb difference! That gives me hope....my scale isn't budging. I'm just down today finally and it's literally only 0.3 lbs. I'm in the gym 5-6 days a week as well, doing SL 3x with the rest being some form of cardio (boxing, dance class, and just started C25K).

• rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    I started weight lifting 10 weeks ago. I have been a runner for two years and started doing it as a cross training thing in addition to the running.

I should have started lifting a long time ago! I just got my final assessment by the trainer I hired to teach me. I dropped from 38% body fat to 34% body fat in 10 weeks.
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Amazing results! I have been doing a combination of a little cardio (tread,eliptical, bike, row) pretty much what we want to try that day. My goal is to build some cardio endurance but build some strength and keep muscle tone while losing fat but I don't think I will have the dedication or knowledge to do these heavy intense lifts. Is it ok to stick with my routine of some cardio, and then I do 2 sets of 12 at a weight that makes it tough to finish. We do a combination of machines and dumbels not quite ready to go over to where the big kids are haha. Thanks in advance! Keep on crushing it everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!