How many times can I eat chicken before I go crazy?

Options

Replies

• Myzzlone
    Myzzlone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love shrimp. Its a great protein, with very little fat and you can eat like 13 jumbo shirmp for onlu about 80 cals
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Salmon, shrimp, ham, small steak, tacos, . . .
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I get bored of chicken pretty fast regardless of how it's made. The texture and flavor of the chicken itself gets old if I have it more often than 2-3 days a week. Now potatoes, potatoes I can eat every day for every meal and it could even be the same couple of recipes cycled and I wouldn't get bored. Pick another protein if chicken bores you. All kinds of meat or even vegetarian protein options. It doesn't have to be chicken every time all the time.

ETA: had lentil and cauliflower curry on buckwheat groats (was out of rice) and it was pretty decent on protein, no chicken involved.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer but the question boggles my mind. Is there a reason you need to eat so much chicken?
  • AshFitness98
    AshFitness98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If your looking for a recipe containing chicken then make a panini. The one I make is 287 cal and fills me up. 2 slices of wheat (140), grilled chicken (67), and pepper jack cheese (80). You can always add onto by adding lettuce, red peppers, or even a dressing like ranch. Tastes amazing and better than the restaurant version of 1350 cal.
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I need new recipe ideas please!!!

You gotta embrace the chicken, man. There's no escaping it.

Sometimes I switch to turkey because I'm a weirdo and I like that dense, dry, slightly salty quality turkey meat has.

Also, consider seafood, any seafood. Prawns/shrimp are particularly good sources of quality protein.
    I don't know the answer but the question boggles my mind. Is there a reason you need to eat so much chicken?

One of the best and most versatile sources of protein. It's far, far leaner than beef, pork or lamb.
  • TravelingGuru
    TravelingGuru Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keep shaking things up in flavor...

For all:
    Preheat oven to 400˚
    Bake 30-35 minutes

Pesto Chicken Bake
    3–4 chicken breasts
    Salt and pepper to taste
    4–6 Tbsp. basil pesto
    1–2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
    1–2 cups mozzarella cheese
    Place chicken breast in a baking dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
    Spread pesto on each chicken breast.
    Layer tomatoes on top of the chicken.
    Top with cheese.

BBQ Chicken Bake
    3–4 chicken breasts
    Salt and pepper to taste
    6–8 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
    ½ onion, sliced
    Place chicken breast in a baking dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
    Spread BBQ sauce on each chicken breast.
    Layer onions on top of the chicken.

Bacon Ranch Chicken Bake
    3–4 chicken breasts
    Salt and pepper to taste
    6–8 Tbsp. ranch dressing
    6–8 slices bacon
    4 oz cheddar cheese
    Spread 1–2 Tbsp. ranch on each chicken breast.
    Layer two slices of bacon on top of each chicken breast.
    Top with cheese.

Alfredo Chicken Bake
    24 oz–48 oz Alfredo sauce
    3–4 chicken breasts
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 lb broccoli heads
    1 cup Parmesan cheese
    Spread a layer of Alfredo sauce on the baking dish. Place chicken breast over sauce. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
    Spread broccoli over pan.
    Pour remaining Alfredo over chicken and broccoli.
    Top with cheese.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I like the Campbells Slow Cooker/Skillet sauces- they have Buffalo chicken, pulled pork (which I put over chicken), Chicken Marsala, Creamy Parm Chicken, Sweet and Sour chicken, sweet teriyaki chicken, Creamy garlic butter, chicken, chicken pot pie, tai curry chicken, and sesame chicken.
    Also, if your grocery store has an 'ethinic' section, butter chicken is great, and I just pour the sauce in the crockpot with the chicken and let it cook all day.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    why are you eating so much chicken to make you sick of it?? So many other great protein sources out there as well mix them up so that you don't get bored. Steak, Pork, fish... One of my favorite chicken recipes is shredded buffalo chicken stuffed peppers. I put the chicken in the crock pot then shred it, add hot sauce and black beans then stuff tri colored peppers with the chicken add a little mozzarella and bake. So delish! Another Chicken recipe I do is chicken breast with assorted olives (I usually get a an antipasto assortment) sprinkle with fresh parm cheese, broccoli and bake.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    just got this one from a co worker for chicken BBQ on the grill-
    The chicken sauce is really easy to make, and the longer the chicken sits in the sauce the more flavorful it is. I’ve BBQ both bone in and boneless. It makes for spectacular chicken.

Here’s the recipe

4 eggs

1 cup white vinegar

½ cup vegetable oil

1 tsp pepper

2 tsp salt

3 tsp poultry seasoning

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Eat something besides chicken...variety is the spice of life.

Eat fish, shell fish, lean cuts of beef/pork, etc...you don't have to just eat chicken.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Rather than recipes I can suggest Penzey's spice mixes. Penzeys.com I believe. I am so lazy and their amazing flavors save my cooking like four times a week! Original Taco is great on chicken as is Greek, Galena Street; Northwoods is popular... so many more. Season, skillet, add a veggie on the side and done.

Do that with Greek seasoning for example and throw some olives and sun-dried tomatoes in and a 1/4 cup of broth & let it reduce. Great with cauliflower if you like it or potato and green beans. A good cast iron skillet has been priceless for good old chicken too. I feel you on the chicken boredom!!!

OMG Penzeys. We love Arizona Dreaming for chicken faijitas and we just tried Krakow Nights on some turkey burgers- absolutely amazing. We eat fish, pork, chicken, lean ground beef, bacon... don't have to just eat chicken!

Mrs. Dash is also awesome for easy seasonings to make different dishes- many great, and salt free, options as well.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    43501 wrote: »
    I need new recipe ideas please!!!

You gotta embrace the chicken, man. There's no escaping it.

Sometimes I switch to turkey because I'm a weirdo and I like that dense, dry, slightly salty quality turkey meat has.

Also, consider seafood, any seafood. Prawns/shrimp are particularly good sources of quality protein.

One of the best and most versatile sources of protein. It's far, far leaner than beef, pork or lamb.

So what? If OP is eating so much chicken she's going nuts, probably best she figure out how to fit a wee bit more fat in her diet so she can eat something else.

Besides, as has already been mentioned, there are cuts of pork that are just as lean as chicken breast.

OP, good protein substitutes have already been suggested. Maybe let us know how you've been eating chicken so we can suggest something different?

Personally, I love a good curry. Those can be done with any protein, or none. Roasted chicken thighs are another favorite (though I haven't made them in a while because I hate cleaning up oil spatter).
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Beans!
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely delicious...it's very high in calories, so it's not something you want to eat every day.

"Butter chicken"

mag-24Eat-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016754-butter-chicken

1 ½ cups full-fat Greek yogurt
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 ½ tablespoons ground turmeric
    2 tablespoons garam masala
    2 tablespoons ground cumin
    3 pounds chicken thighs, on the bone
    ¼ pound unsalted butter
    4 teaspoons neutral oil, like vegetable or canola oil
    2 medium-size yellow onions, peeled and diced
    4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
    3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely diced
    1 tablespoon cumin seeds
    1 cinnamon stick
    2 medium-size tomatoes, diced
    2 red chiles, like Anaheim, or 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
    Kosher salt to taste
    ⅔ cup chicken stock, low-sodium or homemade
    1 ½ cups cream
    1 ½ teaspoons tomato paste
    3 tablespoons ground almonds, or finely chopped almonds
    ½ bunch cilantro leaves, stems removed.

PREPARATION
    Whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, turmeric, garam masala and cumin in a large bowl. Put the chicken in, and coat with the marinade. Cover, and refrigerate (for up to a day).

In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter in the oil until it starts to foam. Add the onions, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and cumin seeds, and cook until the onions start to brown.

Add the cinnamon stick, tomatoes, chiles and salt, and cook until the chiles are soft, about 10 minutes.

Add the chicken and marinade to the pan, and cook for 5 minutes, then add the chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 30 minutes.

Stir in the cream and tomato paste, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

Add the almonds, cook for an additional 5 minutes and remove from the heat. Garnish with the cilantro leaves.

Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
    1018 calories; 84 grams fat; 36 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 29 grams monounsaturated fat; 10 grams polyunsaturated fat; 18 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 47 grams protein; 354 milligrams cholesterol; 303 milligrams sodium
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    well i can tell you that even after eating it for 18 months every day while deployed.... i still eat it. so......
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Chicken drumsticks have become a staple for me. I'll lay out 12 on a baking sheet, drizzle it all with olive oil, and then season each set of 4 differently (all on the same sheet!) One set might be basic salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Another might be basted with BBQ sauce. Mix & matching spices can give you all sorts of flavors- Greek, Italian, Indian, Morrocan, etc. I get the spice-mix recipes from Pinterest. With the cooked drumsticks, I might eat them as-is and just add veggies and salads as sides. Or I might cut it up and put it in a salad, sandwich, or wrap. That way it's a little different each day but with the convenience of one cooking session.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Spread with wholeseed mustard, wrap in bacon and bake - yum