One meal a day.

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I have never tried it so I'm not sure. I think for myself I might be prone to binging but my ex father in law only ate one meal a day and he did fine. Maybe it's something you get used to. If it's your personal preference I say go nuts but if you think it's a clever way to stay in a deficit and you're forcing yourself... get ready to binge!
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    It would be effective for putting me a jail after I killed someone from being hangry. Other than that, no it wouldn't be very effective for me. I would binge and eat far more calories than usual with smaller meals.
  • mrwjunk
    mrwjunk Posts: 4 Member
    I've started an "Eat less than 1000Kcal per day at Breakfast and fast through the Day" diet and in a week I've reduced my Blood Sugar from avg 12 to 6.3 tonight. Lost over 2 Kilos as well. I've cut out carbs as much as I can too, so my one meal a day misses out pasta, potatoes, bread and rice.

Skipping Lunch hasnt been a problem, I drink more flavoured water to fill the stomach, but during the evening I wait until 20:00 to go swimming. I tell my Inner Child who does all the comfort eating, that I cant swim 2 hours before a swim, so that gets me thru until after the swim when its way too late to eat before bed.

That gets me thru to breakfast when I go down to the motel rest'rant & look at the All-You-Can-Eat Continental Buffet.

I hope to reverse my Diabetes 2.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    edited May 2017
    I tried the "Warrior Diet" which is essentially eating one meal between 4 pm and no later than 7 pm, but you can eat all that you want until you are full. Although I didn't have all that much difficulty eating one meal per day, what I found was I would seriously overeat at night, so it didn't work for me.

The car analogy is novel, however people are not cars, we can run for quiet some time on empty.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I tried the "Warrior Diet" which is essentially eating one meal between 4 pm and no later than 7 pm, but you can eat all that you want until you are full. Although I didn't have all that much difficulty eating one meal per day, what I found was I would seriously overeat at night, so it didn't work for me.

The car analogy is novel, however people are not cars, we can run for quiet some time on empty.

The car analogy is excellent but can be expanded. With obese people we are talking a car that burns 5 gal a day but has a 500 gal reserve tank (fat).

Whether we put in x1 gal at regular intervals or 5 gal once a day, we rarely ever pull from the reserve tank and never run on empty.

• mrwjunk
    mrwjunk Posts: 4 Member
    Charlie Beans - I'm doing this under medical supervision.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    mrwjunk wrote: »
    Charlie Beans - I'm doing this under medical supervision.
    should have mentioned that in the beginning
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    What are your views on the one meal a day diet, is it effective?

Just kill me it will be easier!!!

• fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member

Yes. It's pretty easy too, once you've done it a few times. There is a 5:2 diet where folks eat 3 meals 5 days a week and one meal 2 days a week. People have ridiculous reasons why they don't think fasting is healthy. Think about it. If humans got weak and couldn't function without food for a day we all world have died off a long time ago. You actually think clearer and you are a better hunter when you're hungry!

Good luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited May 2017
    fatblatta wrote: »

Yes. It's pretty easy too, once you've done it a few times. There is a 5:2 diet where folks eat 3 meals 5 days a week and one meal 2 days a week. People have ridiculous reasons why they don't think fasting is healthy. Think about it. If humans got weak and couldn't function without food for a day we all world have died off a long time ago. You actually think clearer and you are a better hunter when you're hungry!

Good luck!

if you mean 5:2 IF(intermittent fasting) 5:2 is where you eat normally(could be maintenance calories or your regular deficit) for 5 days and for 2 days you eat 500-600 calories(some eat 800). not you eat 3 meals 5 days a week and one meal 2 days a week because if someone wasnt watching their calories those 3 meals could be high in calories resulting in weight gain.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Yes. The calorie part is ok. One meal a day is fine too.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Theo166 wrote: »

The car analogy is excellent but can be expanded. With obese people we are talking a car that burns 5 gal a day but has a 500 gal reserve tank (fat).

Whether we put in x1 gal at regular intervals or 5 gal once a day, we rarely ever pull from the reserve tank and never run on empty.

Thanks, Theo, that helped me understand the analogy better.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    It is not easy to get all your nutrition needs in one seating, especially protein. I like having one meal a day but the only way to get all your calories in one meal is either not clean eating or Thanksgiving dinner. So I stretch it and make it a 6 hour feeding window.
    With that said, if I know I have a big meal coming ( going out or going to Mom's for dinner), I save my calories for that meal.

This can't be stressed enough. It would be very difficult to address macronutrient needs in one meal.

At least with 16:8 or other types of IF, you have a bigger window to be able to do so.

Yes to this. I tried one meal a day (unofficially, I didn't know it was a thing!) but felt famished even once I was full, probably from not having enough nutrients for my busy days. I eat very small protein focused meals early in the day now and one balanced meal in the evening.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Im curious tho, Me personally I eat 5-6 times a day smaller more protein dense meals however, can you even absorb every nutrient from a meal if you only eat it all in one meal???