Where do I start

Would love to start weight lifting as looking at others transformations are simply amazing.
No idea where to start!
Any help most appreciated :)

Replies

• mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    if you wanna begin your transformation, I would suggest you getting to know what macros and calories are, if you do, then just make your own diet that fits your lifestyle and eating style that fits your goals

sign a membership at the gym, the gym's couch should show you everything you want and answer your questions, but he can't be with you at home counting your calories, so your part is the diet, lifting weights, leave it to your couch just in the beginning.
  • tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    You need to decide what your trying to accomplish by working out. Do you want strength like a power lifter? Do you want a nice body like a body builder? Do you want to be well rounded in both yet a master in none like with cross fit?

Once you get this figured out then create your diet and workout plan around that goal. Diet is hugely important. But if you aren't working out properly and as regularly as you should then diet alone won't get you to your goals. I suggest finding a workout partner at first but that might not be easy for everyone.

One thing I would do if I were you is to watch alot of YouTube videos on working out, exercises, and proper form. Athleanx is a good channel as well as thebuffdudez
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    milsteven wrote: »
    Would love to start weight lifting as looking at others transformations are simply amazing.

Do u go to a gym ? Do u know how to lift ? You may want to look online at workout n lifts squat bench press deadlifts power cleans shoulder press start slowly there is a lot of good info n a lot of crap so do some home work
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    if you wanna begin your transformation, I would suggest you getting to know what macros and calories are, if you do, then just make your own diet that fits your lifestyle and eating style that fits your goals

sign a membership at the gym, the gym's couch should show you everything you want and answer your questions, but he can't be with you at home counting your calories, so your part is the diet, lifting weights, leave it to your couch just in the beginning.

a couch does all that???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    No idea where to start!

pick a structured beginner lifting program and start there....I would say strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, or all pro beginner routine are good places to start ..

You are also going to want to get your macros in line, and make sure that you are getting adequate nutrition and rest...
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Find a good beginner lifting program. Posts above have some good ones. Focus on technique first and make sure you are doing all exercises properly before starting to add too much weight.

Macro wise I always shoot for 0.8-1.0 grams protein/lb bw, 0.3-0.5 grams fat/ lb bw, and fill the rest of your calories in with carbs.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

a couch does all that???
    :D

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited May 2017
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    No idea where to start!

pick a structured beginner lifting program and start there....I would say strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, or all pro beginner routine are good places to start ..

You are also going to want to get your macros in line, and make sure that you are getting adequate nutrition and rest...

This^

But most importantly, just start something you can continue. I'll second the Strong Lifts 5 x 5 recommendation. It's a free app, pretty straight forward and definitely works. Stick with it :)
  • gym4life64
    gym4life64 Posts: 824 Member
    Another good one is Fighter Diet by Pauline. The thing is PLEASE....PLEASE don't be afraid to lift heavy. You will not get manly. What you will get is incredibly hot sexy muscle. Be patient and consistent!