Do you still log what food you eat on party, buffets, restaurant etc.?

Do you still log what food you eat on party, buffet, restaurant etc.? I find it hard to log what I'm eating up because I was too distracted I drink a 1.5 litre of coke today and I don't know how much food I've eatened :lol: Expecting the scale to backfire haha. I'm just curious

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Yes. I generally prelog, even when eating out
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    I used to count everything but since I've lost all the weight I wanted to lose, I no longer count calories on weekends. I still stick to and count every calorie during the week meticulously but give myself a break on weekends. It's working for me. I haven't gained any weight back, still exercise even on weekends and find that even when I don't actually count calories on those two days, I find I kind of automatically know what I can have without going to far over my calorie count.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2017
    You weigh and log a few months and you get pretty good at guestimating.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Sometimes. Most times no.
  • PaulaSchlotterbeck
    PaulaSchlotterbeck Posts: 34 Member
    Yes, always. I tend to choose restaurants which provide their nutritional data and request it from those who do not- if they are not responsive, I tend to shun them from that point forward (if they are a larger chain-type place... I'm looking at you, Slim Chickens).
    I don't eat out all that often, other than special occasions/trips, so it's not a huge deal most of the time. And, if I end up at a place/event where the actual numbers aren't available due to circumstances beyond my control, I just do my best and move on (and do a bit of extra walking etc. to build a cushion). I'm maintaining a 60+ wt loss for going on 9 mos so I think that it's working for me.
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    i just try my best to input and/or i will just guess a big number (like a 1000 cal) n stick it in MFP so i know i went way over that day. plus, i will minimize the caloric intake before n after.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    I try my best to but sometimes I forget to do it
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    yes, I estimate after. Some times I just make up a number and add it, usually high to avoid this doesn't count as i am not tracking type of thinking
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Well thanks though everyone has different opinions and I appreciate it :smiley:
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    I try
    So for example yesterday at housewarming I guessed size of grilled chicken guessed amount of wine, logged 2 rice crust treats instead of one as unsure of portion size, logged grilled zucchini for both the grilled zucchini and summer squash,
  • karliexrose
    karliexrose Posts: 57 Member
    If you want an accurate representation of what you eat then I would log it to the best of your ability. "Closest"-to, foods, will give you some kind of information to work off of.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I always have a rough estimate put in. I try to overestimate if anything to be on the safe side.
  • FlippingFins
    FlippingFins Posts: 20 Member
    I don't. If a day has been indulgent because we've been to a party, had a multiple course restaurant meal or been somewhere where snacks have been constantly on offer, I don't log.

The big blank space in my diary shows that the day has been excessive. I don't bother with totals, I just use the blank space to know that there's a very good reason for any gain. If I find that I haven't logged in a few days, I know that I'm getting into the habit of eating too much, so that pulls me back to where I should be.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I try, though of course there's a lot of estimating involved, especially if it's a potluck or a non-chain restaurant that doesn't have published nutrition info.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    No
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I just quick add a rough guesstimate.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Yes. And I just found out my dinner was 1392 calories. And it probably was about that. It did not feel like that much, which was educational. I'm glad I exercised today, but I have suspicions that this was the most over I have ever been in one meal for the five years I have been logging. I'm stuffed. I think breakfast and lunch tomorrow will be LEAN.