Mason Jar Meals?

Ksm7767
Ksm7767 Posts: 19 Member
Looking for low cal mason jar meals!

Replies

• jsnydervima
    jsnydervima Posts: 2 Member
    I made one the other day that was really good. I took smoked salmon (bought in package), cucumber (cubed), and cherry tomatoes, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Shake and go. Even my 8 year old daughter loved it.
  • cidalia_mar
    cidalia_mar Posts: 5 Member
    Salad with a lean protein. Just load up the jar with non-starchy veggies (lettuce or other chopped greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, bell pepper, red onion, etc), add a lean protein (chick peas, chicken breast, etc.), and a light dressing on the side (you can make your own with lemon or lime juice, a pinch of salt, and a half tablespoon or less of olive oil).
  • smcchic22
    smcchic22 Posts: 2 Member
    Those are amazing salad in a jar ideas ksbollman!
  • dangetshealthy1
    dangetshealthy1 Posts: 10 Member
    I've never heard of mason jar meals. I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks for the tip!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    ksbollman wrote: »
    This is long .. but would not let me attach as a file. This is a handout I gave people when I did a demo at a farmer's market:)

So cool - thanks for laying these out! I'm heading on vacation next week and was wondering how to make healthy food portable. Voila!

Thanks again.
  • zoeysgood
    zoeysgood Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks so much for taking the time to write all those recipes! Is recipe 1 serving?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Bump
  • fitjanny
    fitjanny Posts: 11 Member
    I'm gonna have fun with these recipes! Thanks.