Protein powder bad

Options
2»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I use the grass-fed whey as well. It is a little more expensive than regular whey powders but it doesn't have junk in it. Amazon has a few that are good, I like Julian Bakery.
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    yoherbs421 wrote: »
    I have Grass-fed Whey Concentrate. Grass fed is better for the immune system so I read. 100 dollars CAD for 11 pds. And it even has a higher leucine content than the grass-fed isolate! Just another bro tip.

Is it canadianprotein.com by any chance?

Yes! Hahaha!
  • loftus4827
    loftus4827 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love the products from Naked. Really great casein powder. Kinda spend but worth it
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I take Pure WOD beef isolate- 3 ingredients. Beef, cocoa powder, stevia. Tastes like chocolate ice cream. ❤️ They have vanilla, too.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I use Bodylogix. I'm currently using the standard whey protein powder but I'm also thinking of giving their whey isolate a try.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use Yep, It's Vegan - whey has become a little rough on my stomach.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    labdoor and consumerlab don't seem to agree on a lot of products. I actually switched off of MyProtein based on consumerlab's studies. I hadn't heard of labdoor before. Thoughts?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    labdoor and consumerlab don't seem to agree on a lot of products. I actually switched off of MyProtein based on consumerlab's studies. I hadn't heard of labdoor before. Thoughts?

I used them quite often. In fact, I haven't heard of comsumerlabs.. I may have to check them out.
  • planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've seen them both. I read all of the reports but one that might be a bit higher than another doesn't necessarily mean one is bad. Each have their own criteria and rank accordingly. However I would say that a good portion, at least a majority if not 2/3 of protein supplements are fully acceptable outside of subjective taste. For me it mostly comes down to price, taste, and availability. I am not going to pay double for something that is only slightly better.
  • vinceno21
    vinceno21 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »

I was just on consumerlab's site and did not see MyProtein listed amount those in their report, while MyProtein does rank pretty high over at Labdoor. Labdoor does say they don't accept funding from manufacturers.

I just got 2 x 2.2 lbs from MyProtein for $15 CDN each + $15 shipping so overall about $10 CDN/lb (about $8 USD). I figure that's a pretty good price.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Is it canadianprotein.com by any chance?

Thanks for the address. $10/lb with free shipping is pretty cheap compared to the bricks and mortar prices I've been seeing in local stores. Walmart seems to be the cheapest and about that price as well for unflavoured whey but of course it's not grass fed and has some fillers as well.