New here!

evenduchess83
evenduchess83 Posts: 28 Member
Hi everyone! I'm new to this group. I've been interested in clean eating but don't know where to start. My friend had a 1 week crockpot eating group...which was awesome. I kinda fell off the wagon after. I need to get back to it...

Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Well, clean eating is not hard to start. However, I have found everyone's idea of clean eating can differ..
    There are people who eat nothing but fresh ingredients. No frozen, no canned, no processed.
    There are people who eat majority fresh, but eat within their means .. cost effective.
    There are people who say stay away from salt, sugar, carbs .. etc.

So, first of all, I would know what clean eating means to you =)

Personally, in my current situation, I eat cost effectively with fresh whenever possible. This means throwing a salad into the meal. Or eating a salad with some protein when possible. I stay away from processed sugars at the best of times. But I do not believe in restricting any food that I love. After yo-yo dieting for years, this for me, is a recipe for failure.
  • shereehayward
    shereehayward Posts: 1 Member
    Yes clean eating is different things to different people. I cut out most processed foods. You need to find something that will fit into your lifestyle so your whole life doesn't feel like it is on a diet. Easy to lose weight but the most difficult is to keep it off. I found that getting into your daily routine of myfitness pal recording everything that goes into your mouth will let you know what track you are on for losing weight and keeping it off once you have achieved your goals. Pick the low calorie foods you love and have a bit of everything and record it all. Exercise for those days you may be going out for dinner and drinks so you can indulge a little and know you are still on track to achieve your goals.