What are your best food products you use to keep your calories low?

My favorite calorie-reducing foods are Egg Beaters, I Can't believe It's not Butter spray, Brummel and Brown spread and Hellman's Reduced Fat Mayo, to name a few. Foods that help me maintain savor and satiety have been so helpful in giving me the ability to maintain my 140 pound weight loss for 30 years.

Replies

• GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    beans & fish
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    egg whites, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Shirataki noodles.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Siracha, mustard, pickled vegetables--things with a lot of zing that perk up an otherwise bland (but healthy!) meal.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Vegetables, I love crunchy raw veggies must buy some carrots this weekend for snacking.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    A food scale.

^^^ THIS is a wondddeerrffulll response, js ;)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    A food scale.

This every day of the week
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Water. I'm usually thirsty when i think I'm hungry
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Extreme wellness high fiber tortillas - they're 50 calories each and have like 40% of my daily fiber. I make so many different things with these tortillas - wraps, burritos, etc.
    Cauliflower - I replace everything with cauliflower. Cauliflower pizza and cauliflower tots are my favorite, I still haven't figured out a good stir fry recipe.
    Greek yogurt - there are so many uses for greek yogurt. I use Fage to replace sour cream and for baking, and I'll buy Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt for easy breakfasts or snacks.
    Fat free cheese - a lot of people think it's gross, but if it's in the middle of a dish, I can't taste much of a difference and it's a comparison of ~110 calories to 45. With the amount of cheese I use, it comes out to a huge difference.
    Halo Top - I'll eat half a pint for dessert and it's 120-180 calories depending on the flavor.
    Quest bars - the macros on these are nuts so for me, they're super filling. Half a quest bar keeps me full for about 2 hours.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,218 Member
    Almond milk, egg whites, light mayo, lean chicken sausages, and ice lollipops! Diet coke, diet fanta, aspartame!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Fat free ranch dressing, hellmans light mayo, spaghetti squash. I'm okay with fat free cheese melted in a casserole
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Egg whites, spicy mustard, sauerkraut, frozen berries, seltzer water, oven roasted veggies (I found out I could do this with frozen and it has been a revelation!), Halo Top, Sara Lee Light 45 calorie bread, sugar free jello. I like to eat so finding room for more food in my daily caloric intake has evolved into an art form.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Black coffee, plain tea (any kind) and water.
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Laughing cow cheese wedge, allfruit jam, cauliflower rice, mission extra thin corn tortillas
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Zucchini. Now that its summer here, all the zucchini, with soy sauce. Delicious.