ectomorph body type -Female

Options
Iv been weight training for about 2 years. I'm 5'5" and iv gone from 112lbs to 125lbs. I consistently hit a plateau at 125lbs. 135lbs is my goal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thx!!!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yup gotta keep eating. As you gain your cal intake should go up. Calorie dense foods are your friends- nuts, seeds, nut butters, oils, whole fat dairy and meat, dried fruit, bagels, pasta, ice cream, cookies etc
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Be patient
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Log your food consistently - if you aren't gaining weight at your current calorie intake then you need to eat more.

Using measuring cups and spoons isn't the way to get accuracy in your food logging.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    2,290 cal a day is pretty good already. Looking at your diary, you seem to be doing a good job of hitting that goal too and nothing sticks out as a possible hindrance on gaining mass. I see you've even gone as far as eating more protein than 'required' for the day. Maybe try eating the bulk of your carbs after your workouts? Getting more sleep? Being more hydrated?

Everybody is different so its really hard to say why you're plateauing when you seem to have the right path layed out. I would probably increase my intake more to be honest with you. You're eating pretty clean, so no changes needed really, just more of it.

I hate to sound like an echo here but there are so many factors that go into these things that the only things really set in stone are, deficit for loss, surplus for gain. I'm sure someone will come along with a more insightful view of things so I wouldn't worry about it.

Good luck @tarynmarie1986 !
  • JoshGouvisis
    JoshGouvisis Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Go heavier on weight. Every week to week and a half add 2.5lb - 5lbs weight to your training.
    (Depends on you)
    Thats the simple answer. Keep cardio at 20-30mins max
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to hit a certain weight goal?
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    5'3 started at 127 bulked to 137 over the course of a year. For me, it was as simple as adding more calories, more carbs, lifting heavier (progressive program). I'm not particularly a "hard gainer" though. Started around 2100 and ended bulk around 2600 calories.

I saw an above poster quote 2290 calories. For reference, I was cutting at 2290. At my weight and activity level, I've found that 2300-2400 is right around my maintenance level.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Go heavier on weight. Every week to week and a half add 2.5lb - 5lbs weight to your training.
    (Depends on you)
    Thats the simple answer. Keep cardio at 20-30mins max

if she is not gaining she should probably eliminate the cardio
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - you are not an ectomorph those body type classifications are based on BS Broscience and have no basis in reality.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    As you gain weight, you may have to add more calories. During my bulk, I have to adjust my calories up about half way through to keep gaining.