Not sure where to go from here... Asking for your help! (Before & After)

Options
Hello everyone! Since September, my goal was primarily to build up my glutes, but also to tone up overall. I've always had insecurities about the lower part of my body.. notice that I still have "love handles"-- can't seem to get rid of them! I've been working on my upper back and arms too and haven't been able to see definition unless I flex..
so I'm not sure what to ask.. should I incorporate more cardio now to get rid of excess fat? How do i go about getting more lean?

Hoping that this makes sense.

zuwxc0v61beg.png

Replies

• xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi! you're making progress what's your current height and weight? this will help us help you more.
  • KimmalyS
    KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi! you're making progress what's your current height and weight? this will help us help you more.

Thank you, I am 5'6" and about 130 lbs

• xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ^ you're welcome! You're at a healthy weight I would recommend body recomposition.
  • caseyjames33
    caseyjames33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think you are having great results! Awesome job
  • Builtoniron
    Builtoniron Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    How's your diet I should ask. It all starts with what we put in our mouth
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Yes, share your diet and exercise plan so we can help. Definite improvements in glutes!
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't go ham on cardio, use a small caloric deficit and keep up the resistance training. Unless you have a deadline there's no reason to rush it
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Find a better progressive lifting program, maybe something like strong curves or get glutes since you like to focus on those....try for a bit of a recomp.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's an obvious difference in your lower body, it's obviously fuller in the hips and glutes... I'm sure you have experienced a weight increase/measurement increase between that first picture and now. If you are doing a progressive lifting program just continue eating more (like it seems that you've been doing) and lifting until you are the size you want to be glute wise then do a cut to attain the definition that you are seeking in your upper.... your lower body is definitely growing.
  • KimmalyS
    KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    It's an obvious difference in your lower body, it's obviously fuller in the hips and glutes... I'm sure you have experienced a weight increase/measurement increase between that first picture and now. If you are doing a progressive lifting program just continue eating more (like it seems that you've been doing) and lifting until you are the size you want to be glute wise then do a cut to attain the definition that you are seeking in your upper.... your lower body is definitely growing.

Thanks so much!