June Challenge!!!!

Options
Fazeballs
Fazeballs Posts: 14 Member
Happy Sunday Morning You FitFam :D
So..... The Summer Is Kind Of Here Or on It's Way... Doe's Any Of You Awesome People Fancy A "June Challenge"?? This Can Be Anything From Most Calories Burned - To Highest Number of Miles Run!!!! Any Feedback Or Other Options Most Very Welcome. " Let's DoThis " :D

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    We might need more than one option on this. I am trying to ensure I get 10k steps a day.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    The length of the UK coastline is around 12,429km (16.3M steps). As a group can we walk or run the equivalent of the UK coast line in June? That way people not looking to lose weight can join in as well.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,209 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to the group, Id love to join in :)

I've been a member of challenge groups in the past and found them the best way to get motivated
  • gillief1
    gillief1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like a challenge and would love to do 10,000 steps a day if any of you are interested. I need some motivation!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    That's 4 - do you think you can muster some more. We need around 50!
  • hlidd
    hlidd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Count me in i walk on average 20000 a day
  • Slimpossible007
    Options
    I walk roughly 10 miles or 16 KM a week
    I don't count steps thou.

could you maybe advertise the group / challenge in the forums to get more interest? I can't think of another way to get 50 members.
  • Slimpossible007
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The length of the UK coastline is around 12,429km (16.3M steps). As a group can we walk or run the equivalent of the UK coast line in June? That way people not looking to lose weight can join in as well.

If we could maybe get a few more people we could try cover the distance from Lands end to John o Groats which is

603 miles (970.434km) as the crow flies
    874 miles (1,406.56km) by road

fingers crossed we can get some more interested parties

you'd think with 8000+ members there would still be some interest in challenges :'(
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If we could maybe get a few more people we could try cover the distance from Lands end to John o Groats which is

you'd think with 8000+ members there would still be some interest in challenges :'(

my husband and i did a challenge that started at the end of last year to travel the distance from lands end to john o groats, walking, running or cycling... it was nice to have a goal to work towards.
  • ChesterAddams
    ChesterAddams Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Slimpossible007
    Options

my husband and i did a challenge that started at the end of last year to travel the distance from lands end to john o groats, walking, running or cycling... it was nice to have a goal to work towards.

sounds like a great challenge for you both, I wonder if I could talk my hubby into it lol

• Slimpossible007
    Options
    I've added this thread if anyone wants to join me :)

Lands end to John o'groats challenge
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

sounds like a great challenge for you both, I wonder if I could talk my hubby into it lol

Mine got bored after about 4 months!!
  • Slimpossible007
    Options

Mine got bored after about 4 months!!

lol ... doubt mine would even start lol .