How to get straighter legs?

Hey guys! So as you can see in the picture below, my legs aren't very "straight". The thing is, I've had an eating disorder 2 years ago and was weight restored for a year but for some reason I feel like the weight didn't "distribute equally". Is there any way I can get straighter legs? By weight training or gaining weight? ( btw I'm the one in leggings) zaerx8iaqd9c.jpg

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Legs aren't straight up and down by their very nature. Really, the only way to get your legs to be 'straight' would be to build your calves up to the width of your thighs. Which would look rather odd, I think.
  • Healthy4lyfe419
    Healthy4lyfe419 Posts: 12 Member
    @Alatariel75 so are you saying my legs look okay? Some of my colleagues tease MY and say I have twig legs :') do you think going weight would be beneficial?
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Lol @ straighter legs
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You mean the inward bump of the knee joint that many have compared to those with none, or those with outward bump?

Usually derogatory term is knock-kneed.

If it has anything to do with imbalance issues over genetics - there are some exercise that can be done.

If it's all or mainly genetics - search google for knock-kneed celebrities - you are not alone - and colleagues can be silenced when your are stronger, faster, better with legs then them.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Your legs look like normal legs to me :#
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    If you're referring to your knees,to me they look normal. So do the rest of your legs. If anything they look more shapely than the ones belonging to whoever is standing next to you.
    As I've gained weight,my legs have filled out and things like the space between my thighs have reduced but they are anything but straight!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    "She's got legs and she knows how to use them" means to me: she can run, hike, bicycle, dance, garden, etc. Strong legs are beautiful legs.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    You mean the inward bump of the knee joint that many have compared to those with none, or those with outward bump?

Usually derogatory term is knock-kneed.

If it has anything to do with imbalance issues over genetics - there are some exercise that can be done.

If it's all or mainly genetics - search google for knock-kneed celebrities - you are not alone - and colleagues can be silenced when your are stronger, faster, better with legs then them.

Stand on flat ground, turn your toes out a bit... and get stronger... It's just your body shape, there's only so much you can do about it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    you can look into getting "racked and quartered" from my reading of medieval times it does not look fun, but should do the trick....
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Slightly "knock-kneed" here too. Not too uncommon in females (because hips). I read a study somewhere on the relationship between Q-angle of knee and running injuries - it can make you more prone to 'runner's knee' issues.