Weekly Post 5/21-5/27/17

KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,505 Member
I hope you all are having a good week so far! I managed to have a loss last week, so yay! Fasting today and Thursday. With school out, I have a laundry list of things to do... including a ton of laundry. I hope you all have fantastic weeks!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,937 Member
    Hi Kate! Congrats on your loss last week! I am hoping to see a loss this week too. Last week I was up a little from my vacation and TOM (this week). So hopefully soon I'll be back down to my all time low and moving forward again towards newer numbers and new goals.
    Hope everybody is good... :)
    I am on the same light schedule as you are, Kate. Mondays and Thursdays seem to work well.
    Going to the gym after work which works well for me. Keeps me busy during dinner time when I tend to get a little hungry. Had my lunch at 12:30pm and next meal, dinner will be at 7:30 or so. In between lots of water and green tea.
    Chat with you all soon!
  • Meghan509
    Hey all.
    Hope everybody is having a good Tuesday.
    Not much happening here. I weighed in this AM and I am still a little bit up on the scale, but only a pound or so away from my low before my vacation. Vacation was a lot of eating and drinking and got TOM happening here. Definitely not stressing. But I think if all goes well I should be able to be back down to my low by the end of the week! Fingers crossed and onward and upward!
    Do you guys use the crockpot to cook in? I pretty much use mine all year round as I eat mostly poultry and fish and vegetarian foods and very little red meat, pork, bacon, etc. So it works nicely. I made a recipe from one of my Skinnytaste cookbooks the other day and threw it in the fridge for our non light day. Chicken tikka masala. Smelled awesome when it was cooking! We pretty much love all types of foods (one of the many reasons we are overweight) and Indian fare is a favorite of ours! :smiley: I made it with chicken breast, vs. boneless thighs to save some calories. Also going to serve it over some cauliflower rice. Will let you know how it is.
    Chat with you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    @Meghan509 Way to go! I am sure that last pesky pound will be gone in no time. I use my crock pot more in the summer than in the winter. I stick it out in the garage and that way I can cook without heating up the house. Between that and the grill, I don't hardly touch the stove all summer long!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Hi everyone... we'll our long weekend (Victoria day) that ended yesterday, I drank more, ate more.... you get the idea.... it's very warm here today and I've been gardening so I've got a very sore knee (left knee probs) so no walk for myself today, took the dog, but that's it. I'm making some spicy chicken to go over a cesear salad for dinner tonight... hopefully I won't get into more wine!!! I don't drink every night, and even when I do, wine is mixed with water & ice....but sometimes I go for a whole week every night at it!! I blame it on the kids!

No plans for fasting but if i don't indulge tonight I should be able to call today a win! Just to hot to eat!

• KateNkognito
    Monday's fast didn't go as planned... I forgot I was fasting and scarfed about 300 calories for a snack! Oops! So, I fasted yesterday instead. @mamainthekitchen That salad sounds good!
  • Meghan509
    Hey All,
    Hope everybody is good!
    Just had my turkey sandwich with arugala. I have to say I do enjoy my non-light days! Cherries seem to be in season too, which is nice. They are on sale at the market lately. Yummy!
    The slow cooker chicken tikka masala came out pretty good. I was hoping it would come out a little more spicy and flavorful, but BF was happy with it. So all good. Next time I would season it even more. But, it is a lightened version, so have to tread lightly and not think I am going to get something straight from an Indian restaurant!
    Tonight's dinner is turkey pumpkin chili. That one is in heavy rotation in our household. Good stuff. I am pretty sure we keep cauliflower rice in business via our household!
    Thanks Kate! I think after tomorrow's fast I should be back down. Fingers crossed. Sorry to hear about your fast on Monday! Hope Tuesday went well!
    Hope your holiday was nice, Mama! Nothing like a little wine! You pretty much summed up my vacation - eating and drinking hee hee!
    We have our Memorial Day Holiday (US) coming up on Monday, May 29 and we are due for our light day that day. We are keeping options open if we'll stick with it that day or move it to Tuesday. Probably will be a quiet day for us and we'll keep it as is.
    Chat soon. This week is going by quickly. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Hi all, well this morning I've had lots of water & finished a fasted weight work out and now I've just had one of my fav lunches: 4oz 1% cottage cheese topped with 2.5 oz of chopped tomatoe and spiked with tons of black pepper!! So good and filling too. Last night I ended up having some wine after all... (had to empty the bottle its recycling day!) but I ended the day with 907cals with that, so.....I'm gonna go ahead and claim that as a win. Today I'm going to stick with my 500 cals, so a 'back to back' kinda sorta ;)

Yes, I love making a spicy chicken over cesear salad!! Sometimes I use a dry rub of Cajun seasonings, but my parents pick me up this hot sauce from Barbados every year (you can probs get from the states too) called Delish Bajan hot sauce... it has a bit of mustard with chilis, vinegar and turmeric... I cook the chicken and when still a little pink inside I cut it up then add my bajan sauce to the chicken then let it reduce to coat the chicken and so not too saucey... then throw it hot on top of prepared salad.... satisfying in every way !! Gosh I could go for that again tonight!!!!!

Have a great day people!
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!
    Light day happening here. All is going well. Counting the minutes until the weekend. Still a day plus to go, but one can hope! The weather is crappy here. Rainy and a little cool. Saturday is supposed to be nice and sunny. Sunday not too bad. Monday a little iffy. Our long weekend plans are to hit the beach on Saturday and the rest is up in the air or plain old relaxation. Looking forward to it.
    Oooh that spicy chicken sounds awesome Mama! Over a cesear salad too. Yummy...
    Reminds me of the Jerk Chicken I had in Jamaica. *drool* Good stuff!
    Chat with you guys soon. Really really really hoping to be down that stubborn pound tomorrow. We shall see! :)
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Hello! Schools just let out for the summer and I am taking my family on a 5 day trip to kick off summer! Won't be fasting at all, but planning on an active trip. Have a great rest of the week, I'll be back and fasting next Wednesday!
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!

Cindy, have a great trip with your family! Sounds like fun!! Hope you have nice weather too!

I am happy to report that I am down on the scale when I weighed in this AM! Lost the vacation weight and then some! Woo hoo! Summer here I come! B)

Just sitting here watching the clock on a Friday before a long weekend. What can I say!? LOL

Hope everybody is good. Check in with you all soon. :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Sorry gals, been very busy...hiking, SUPing, riding and meeting up with friends...oh and than a little bit of work. Short week because of ascension and the weather is awesome.

Thus this is where I've been...
    1ch3mghqlitt.jpg
    r81bfs9gs1fg.jpg
    t7h4r38roa0i.jpg

Relaxing today and no plans for tomorrow. Weather will still be grand, so there might be some paddling or swimming in the cards B)

Have a wonderful weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    @flumi_f That looks lovely! Enjoy your relaxation!