What are your go-to healthy comfort foods?

GeorgiePie88
GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
Winter is here in my part of the world and I am freezing! I'm looking for healthy comfort foods to take for lunch. The kind of lunch that you look forward to and you just know is going to stick to your bones, but is also healthy!

I don't like taking soup and stews as they make a big mess when transporting. Until I get a proper themos, soups and stews are off the table for lunch options.

Any ideas appreciated!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I put raw vegies (broc, zucchini, mushrooms) in a glass container, with herbs and spices, and grated cheese. I crack eggs over the top and mix it all up, then microwave until the egg is cooked.
    Warm and yum!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    plain Boom Chick A Pop popcorn (seasalt flavor). 3 1/4 cup is 125 calories.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    I make a salad using 1/2 cup corn (roughly 90 g) and a sliced veggie dog as a base. To that, I add halved cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced onion or scallion, chopped up pickle, chopped up pickled jalapeno or banana peppers, 1/4 cup of salsa, 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish, and 1 tbsp vegan sour cream. I sometimes toss in other veggies or leftover canned beans. You can throw in other veggies, too. If you want to bring in leafy greens, I'd take them in a separate container, already chopped up and add them at the last minute. They'll wilt otherwise.

You might want to look at grain-based salads, bean salads, etc.
  • dragonfly_66
    dragonfly_66 Posts: 48 Member
    http://www.bigtinysteps.com/2017/05/clean-eating-mexican-stuffed-peppers.html?m=1
    I make these and use leftovers for lunches. Top with plain Greek yogurt and homemade pico De Gallo. Heavenly