Keto - fat bombs - no sweetener

bgh707
bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
Hey all,

My husband and I recently started keeping a paleo-style keto, which essentially rules out all sweeteners. I came up with a recipe for chocolate fat bombs to have as office snacks which have only butter, coconut oil, cacao powder, and vanilla extract. Does anyone else have any recipes?

Replies

• maries31964
    maries31964 Posts: 15 Member
    You can use sugar alcohols. Erythritol I use for baking and cooking as it is a sugar alcohol and not counted in carbs. I use NuNaturals Alcohol Free Stevia drops for my drinks. I was a huge Splenda user but the Maltodextrin which can cause hypoglycemia and cause you not to fare well on a Keto/Paleo or Keto Paleo Lifestyle. I also used liquid Sucra Drops which is non Maltodextrin but it is not advised by most Keto peeps. According to one of the Pioneers of Keto Dr. Eric Westman artificial sweetners are allowed but sparingly. As far as straight Paleo I am not sure on the guideline for sugar alcohols. I am full Keto for over a year now but I am looking into Keto Paleo I really like Vivica Mendez and her work on the thyroid which I have Hashimoto's. Good luck on your journey!!
  • pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    Adding crushed raw pecans to those fat bombs for a variation might be interesting...
    1oz pecans has 2 grams of carbs but 3 grams of fiber...
    They are my go to snack when i need just a little something.
    Can you post your recipe?
  • pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    Sorry...keto has allowed me to lose over 100lbs