4 weeks post partum

Bodybuilder for years. Had to gain 15 lbs just to conceive and then enjoyed myself a bit much during my pregnancy which made me gain almost 50 more. I lost 25 lbs at birth but now the scale hasnt budged. Trying to figure out my macros and slowly decrease my intake. Feeling really discouraged that i havent even lost an ounce. Any tips??

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Congrats on the baby! You are only 4 weeks postpartum, your body is still getting itself back to normal.. so I personally wouldn't rush weight loss at this point, especially if you are concerned about body composition. Focus on getting enough rest and making healthier food choices.

Are you breastfeeding? If you are definitely don't cut cals too low since your milk supply is especially susceptible this early on.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Wait to do anything with calorie and macro counting until after your 6 week check up. Your body just went through one of the most significant and difficult things it can do and it needs time to adjust. Hormones are still crazy and water weight may be a factor. Eat to satisfaction. Enjoy your baby. Breathe. Be patient for a bit longer.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Relax and enjoy your baby. Sleep.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Give yourself more time!!!!!!!!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Are you breastfeeding?
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Relax. Focus on that little human being your body just miraculously created and sustained. There aren't a lot of miracles left in the world. You just were part of one.