A healthy snack to binge on and reduce cravings?

izabellarina4661
izabellarina4661 Posts: 1 Member
Trying to lose 30 lbs however the cravings before lunch and dinner are always so bad! Are there recipes that satisfy the craving for carbs or sweets that is actually healthy for you? ):

Replies

• Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Blackberries are like craving kicking ninjas and Blueberries. I always try keep fruit with me. Rasin bran cereal with 0% fat milk. Make sure your portion control. Like instead of eating a cup if cereal try .5 cup and chug some water.
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Edit. Words
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    'cravings' is very vague. What are you craving? Eat that. In small quantities.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    If you have a blender you can make protein ice cream, makes a giant bowl and has changed my life <3

60 ml sugar free maple syrup
    120 ml unsweetened almond milk
    30g protein powder (recommend chocolate or cookies n cream)
    Entire tray of ice cubes
    3g xanthan gum

Add everything to the blender let it go 4-5 minutes.

Pour into a bowl and top with more syrup and a few crushed up cookies or pb2.. whatever you have the calories for.

150-160 calories depending on PP used and toppings. I will never waste $5 on Halo Top again!

Credit to this youtube video skip to about 7 minutes in to see the magic happen :)

Oh my god I am going to try making this this summer.

You will not be disappointed! I've been making it for breakfast every morning for the past week now. It's just so amazing and keeps me very full which is always a nice bonus. I don't see myself getting sick of eating protein ice cream so.. it will be a daily staple now :)
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    If you have a blender you can make protein ice cream, makes a giant bowl and has changed my life <3

Entire tray of ice cubes
    3g xanthan gum

Pour into a bowl and top with more syrup and a few crushed up cookies or pb2.. whatever you have the calories for.

150-160 calories depending on PP used and toppings. I will never waste $5 on Halo Top again!

Credit to this youtube video skip to about 7 minutes in to see the magic happen :)

:O :O :open_mouth:

This probably needs its own thread. I'm going to try this at some point. What if you just froze the almond milk into cubes instead?
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2017
    This came up in my MFP Newsfeed today, although it's from a month ago:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/6-appetite-control-strategies-that-helped-me-stop-overeating/

One of the strategies was to have a "small, flavorless snack between meals". This goes along with something my doctor once told me: snacks shouldn't have much more than 20 or so g of sugar, otherwise it will make you *more* hungry rather than satisfied. I look for single serve yogurts that are low in sugar for this reason, but I think I will try some popcorn to see if there's anything to that "flavorless snack" recommendation.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member

Entire tray of ice cubes
    3g xanthan gum

:O :O :open_mouth:

This probably needs its own thread. I'm going to try this at some point. What if you just froze the almond milk into cubes instead?

I'm sure that would work, give it a try and let us know!
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Banana bread and chicken.
    Just kidding.
    Healthy snacks - fruits, nuts,veggies.
    The amount is important, if you eat 2lbs of pineapple, its still 2lbs. Right?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Why would you want to binge on anything? That's not healthy?

I mean if it was like fresh spinach? seems healthy. lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Why would you want to binge on anything? That's not healthy?

I mean if it was like fresh spinach? seems healthy. lol.

Bingeing isn't healthy
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Chadxx wrote: »
    LVNF04 wrote: »
    The amount is important, if you eat 2lbs of pineapple, its still 2lbs. Right?
    If you eat 2 pounds of pineapple, you will weigh 2 pounds more but the same is true of 2 pounds of water. What matters for body fat is calories and 2 pounds of pineapple is only 454 calories. 2 pounds of Ben & Jerry's is 2909 calories. It really isn't about portion size.

I don't eat 2lbs of anything anyway and everyone knows that about icecream. Its on the box