Post pardum

lisas6142
lisas6142 Posts: 5 Member
New mom seeking to go from 150 to 130. Im 6 weeks post pardum.

Replies

• Josue_da_great
    Josue_da_great Posts: 12 Member
    lisas6142 wrote: »

i recomend the Keto Diet it works Wonders!!!!!!!!
  • skroack
    skroack Posts: 4 Member
    If your breast feeding be careful how you approach weight loss as cutting drastically in any way can tank your milk supply and hormones can make weightless extra hard as well. Best way to go about it is eat sensibly and workout if you can
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

This lady did an awesome job compiling info on calorie counting while breastfeeding, so if bfing is babys primary source of nutrition i highly recommend reading this. Take it easy and make gradual changes so you dont tank supply.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    lisas6142 wrote: »

i recomend the Keto Diet it works Wonders!!!!!!!!

If OP is breastfeeding, low carb and what you are recommending, extremely low carb is a very bad idea. Cutting carbs can negatively affect milk supply and let's be real carbs are great for energy, anyone with a 6 week old baby needs as much energy as they can get.
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    Give yourself until 6 months post partum for your body to naturally go back to "normal". At 6 months pp, you'll see what you need to modify. If you are breast feeding, this will pull calories from your body. So be patient.

Also, every mom feels ugly & dumpy during the first few months. Give yourself until 6 months post partum.