When is the "confetti moment"?

Options
I haven't hit my goal of 132 lbs. yet, but I'm within a couple pounds. So, at risk of overthinking this in the age of digital scales, I'm just wondering when I should say I DID IT... is it when the scale hits 132.9? Or does it need to be 132.0? How did you folks decide (or plan to decide) which criterion to use to determine when you reached your goal?

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've set my 'I MADE IT!' moment with .9 (kg not pounds), cause with or without those 900grams, the kilograms number will be reached ! :)
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I think I've reached my goal if it's .0 or under.
    But the next day you might be up a few...so I don't really throw confetti until that weight seems to be steady for a while( +-1-2 lbs)
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Your weight is constantly going to change. You can throw confetti when you hit 132, but you might weigh 134 the next day.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Whenever you like what you see, I guess. Weight will fluctuate a few pounds. Don't forget that you can't stop paying attention to calories or else it will come right back on (quickly). (An extra 250 cal/day can go quick if you don't continue to pay attention and count).

I'm close to goal weight (and somewhat happy with my appearance--'squishiness' mostly contained to rear & thighs), and I generally just care about eating under maintenance now anyway, rather than being under my 0.5 lb/wk goal net calories). Weight training is giving some very definite improvement in addition to the weight loss, and I'll potentially be happy at the current weight with more muscle.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    for me it would be 5 years maintaining. However right now you made it! There isn't end point of weight loss, once you lose it you need to find way to keep it off.

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Heck, no one told me I'd get confetti at 5 yr maintenance. If they had I would have thrown the party 2 years ago. B)

I waited until I was stable ( within 1-2 lbs of my goal) for a couple of months before declaring maintenance.
    Once there I derived a great amount of satisfaction from watching the scale stay within the 5 lbs range I gave myself.

Cheers, h.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I had a 5 pound weight 'zone' that I counted as success. I knew I'd fluctuate within that range. So I celebrated when I hit the top of that zone. Celebrated again when I hit the bottom. And am happy every single day I step on the scale and I'm still there. It's been five years.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I never through any confetti...it's not the finish line...it's actually just the beginning of the real race.

Body weight isn't static though...you're not going to weigh 132 all the time...maintenance is a range as weight can fluctuate quite a bit day to day.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Hmm, good question. I think I had many confetti moments, most having to do with the mirror a few with something fitness related. I wasn't very hung up on weight and really had only a vague idea of what weight I wanted to be, so I never had a scale confetti moment.