This losing weight thing is driving me nuts! Help!

hollybuckley12
hollybuckley12 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay. So the other day I finally lost 30 pounds after being stuck forever on 2 numbers. I've been working my butt off and trying to stay around 1200 calories which is low for me. I finally reach it the other day and then bam the next day I gain a pound and stuck on that wonderful number and then again bam I gain another pound and I'm back to where I was originally stuck. I've had 1 cheat day and I still counted my calories and I was only maybe 200 over my limit and I have it set not very active so it's the lowest number but I am active. I just don't understand whats going on. People keep saying 1 bad day doesn't make you gain but I did and for my weight I would have to eat double what I did yesterday to gain. And the day before when I gained a pound I was well within my limit and not to mention I had an extremely active week. I just don't know whats going on. I've lost weight before and lost 30 pounds and then it was the same thing everything just halted. I'm not even loosing inches so I'm just confused on whats going on.

Replies

• taylormoooon
    taylormoooon Posts: 130 Member
    Congrats on losing 30 lbs!!

What the above poster said: It's water weight, not fat. You haven't actually gained the weight back. This is perfectly normal. Some people have fluctuated 5-10 lbs of water weight in a day!

What do you do for activity? Have you tried strength training? If you're not already strength training, I highly suggest starting.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    One bad day doesn't make you gain FAT... it'll be water weight.

Have you reset your calorie goal after losing 30lbs?

She's already on the bare minimum.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Are you weighing your food? Your numbers might be inaccurate. Also I only weigh once a week on the same morning. Daily weigh-ins can drive you nuts!
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Lower your carbs and sugar. Every time I stalled it was always too many carbs. I now have to keep mine under 50 grams. When people try to lose weight, the first thing that usually gets eliminated are carb loaded foods and sweets and replaced with healthier alternatives. It's not just about calories, but you have to watch your macros too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Lower your carbs and sugar. Every time I stalled it was always too many carbs. I now have to keep mine under 50 grams. When people try to lose weight, the first thing that usually gets eliminated are carb loaded foods and sweets and replaced with healthier alternatives. It's not just about calories, but you have to watch your macros too.

Nope... weight loss is 100% calorie deficit.