Looking for keto friends

Options
Hi, I have decided to go all in with keto and I'm looking for a support system! I would love to hear from any of you that are going through this as well. I would like to lose about 80-100lbs. I can't wait to hear from y'all!

Replies

• healthdesired
    healthdesired Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started today too. I've been studying the diet for the past few weeks and decided to go for it although my goal is to build muscle. How's it been going so far?
  • andynd2017
    andynd2017 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been doing for 2 weeks. Lost 14lbs so far. I started mid "woman" cycle so I weighed a little bit higher than I normally would. I follow some groups on Facebook that have been helpful. Best of luck to both of you so far! Feel feee to add me. We can push each other!
  • jpc103
    jpc103 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there . How are you doing with the keto diet??
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I've been doing keto a couple of months now. I love it. I tend to spend most of my time on the LCHF forum here and find it very supportive and informative. Good luck! :)
  • bhsneller
    bhsneller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's going ok so far today. I'm hopeful that it'll help with all the compulsive eating I do. I want control of food! How's everyone else doing today?
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am doing higher fat, low carb, moderate protein - not sure if you'd call it Keto exactly as I don't test to see if I am ketosis. I am also adding in intermittent fasting. I am always looking for advice and support. Add me if you'd like! :)
  • dewolfe001
    dewolfe001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm back into a very regimented diet. I'm doing keto this time out. My ratio goals were 5% carb / 70% fat / 25% protein. I've had good results this week. I haven't hit ketotis (8 days in), and I've had a hard time getting up to a daily average of 70% fat. I just shifted my goals to 10% / 65% / 25%. That's close to where I've landed every day and I feel like those levels are getting me where I want to go.

All the best,

Shawn
  • WeAreTheMassacre
    WeAreTheMassacre Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bhsneller wrote: »
    It's going ok so far today. I'm hopeful that it'll help with all the compulsive eating I do. I want control of food! How's everyone else doing today?

I've been prepping for Keto for a month. Slowly compiling recipes, buying bulk ingredients, and lowering my carb intake daily. I'm ready to start in a week! Realizing ONE beer would kill my daily allowed carbs of 20g, or ONE Arizona green tea was really tough to handle... But after making my own jars of ranch, thousand island, Hollandaise sauce, etc, I realized this is a super easy diet to follow, once you discover how easy it is to replace carbs by making stuff from scratch. Pretty excited to lose weight faster than my friend I'm competing with haha. Would be nice to have more keto friends on here to get ideas from.
  • marshhmelloww
    marshhmelloww Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My husband and I Started the keto diet a week ago!
    It's tough but I'm feeling better after finally getting past the keto flu!
    Add me if you want some support or friends !
  • palmer312
    palmer312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this and sruggling

• hiltbethanie
    hiltbethanie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been doing Keto for 2 weeks as well as working out 6 days a week and I'm already down 12lbs! I also cut out dairy which has really helped me. My goal is to lose 70lbs total
  • PinkCheek9498
    PinkCheek9498 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am about to start this as well. I too have just under the 100 mark to loose, hoping this assists.
    Curious how it is working for others. Good luck!
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto for 6 months now. Anyone can add me.
  • reba62
    reba62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I thought I had started a week ago, but after reading alot this holiday weekend and watching some webinars, I realize I was not watching certain things I should have been. I am struggling with being hungry and not being able to keep my carbs where they need to be. I just finished dinner and once I tracked what I had today, I am way over on carbs and not nearly close on fat. And to be going to bed hungry is not what I want to be doing. I will be looking forward to reading how all of you are doing as we go along.
  • Kimmecom17
    Kimmecom17 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been doing this since Jan 6th. Down 39lbs! Try to stop eating at a cetain time and to kick out night hunger try eating 0 carb pork rinds and powerade 0. Thats a perfect no carb snack until your hunger goes away .. But watch those calories in the pork rinds!
  • fitnurse09
    fitnurse09 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nutritional ketosis for a solid month. Happy and content bee.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

There are lots and lots of support including sub groups, huge knowledge and lots of research available.
  • gcwfrazier
    gcwfrazier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a week in, after preparing myself for almost a month. Slowly cut out coffee, I just can't drink it without my creamer. Slowly cut out pasta and bread.

One week in, I feel like I'm doing great. (3lbs down).
    I need to up my activity level. Needed some motivation, got the ole bike out today. I'm going to make my 13yo go riding with me after work.

Goal is to lose 80lbs.
  • LBFIT4ME
    LBFIT4ME Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting the journey - would love to connect !!