Good Start!

One week, into my new health plan, and I've lost 5 pounds!! WooHoo!! Before using this site, I had lost 110 pounds. It took quite a while, but I wasn't in a hurry, I didn't gain it overnight, I wasn't looking to lose it over night. And it was relatively easy, all it took was some minor changes to how I ate, which when one is 200 pounds overweight, is all it takes.... at first. Now, I'm over 50, and although I was getting healthier, the years of sustained obesity, has taken it's toll, and I'm having some minor health issues. I needed something to help me kick start my weight loss, and help me get the last of the pounds off, quicker, and what I was doing before had stopped working. I hate weighing and measuring everything, but it's the only way to really keep track of what I'm eating. And keeping my food diary has really helped me realize where I needed to make changes. It really did open my eyes about things that I didn't think were so bad, but were adding unknown calories, and what I could eat that was better for me, and more satisfying. There were days, before, that I really thought, I can't do this, I'm just stuck being this overweight, and I should just make the best of it... it was depressing.. but now....... I can do this! I can get the rest of the weight off, and get healthy again!!

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Great start! It's all about momentum! One step, followed by another, until you're walking and eventually running!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!