14:10 fasting

Options
ladyj22
ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
Hi. I'm doing 14:10 fasting. How should I set my macros and what should my calorie goal be? I'm 34, 5'6, 135 pounds and work out 4 to 6 days a week doing cardio and circuit training.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is just a way of changing WHEN you eat. It's not a diet.

So you can follow any type of diet while doing it. For example, I do 16:8 and follow a low-carb diet. My macros are 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat. Other people may want 80% carbs in their diet - it's totally up to you.

To determine how many calories you should eat to lose weight, you need to calculate your approximate TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). How many calories your body burns over a 24-hour period with your activity level.

I like to use this one: sailrabbit.com/bmr/

Once you have your TDEE, you can decide on your deficit. A daily deficit of 500 calories will result in approximately 1 pound lost per week.

So if my TDEE is 1800 and I want to lose a pound a week, I should eat 1300 calories a day.

Hope that helps.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What is your goal (lose, maintain, gain)?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Fasting is not eating. We are fasting when we aren't eating. Nobody is supposed to eat all the time. We don't have to eat all the time. Not eating all the time isn't going to kill you. We fast for 8 hours while we sleep. Not eating for 14 hours isn't even "intermittent fasting". And you still have to get in your nutrition and not overeat.