For people over 20

LVNF04
LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
What would you change differently if you could go back and be 20 years old again?

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    you don't need to eat batteries to prove you're the duracell bunny.
  • MNTom
    MNTom Posts: 18 Member
    As an old guy, I don't think I would do much different overall. There are numerous mistakes that I have made and some things I wish I could have done better for my family, but overall life has been good to me. Most of my good fortune has come because I was born in the US. Just luck, I guess. "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    I wouldn't change a thing. I had a lot of fun in my 20s but also invested in myself.
  • WeAreTheMassacre
    WeAreTheMassacre Posts: 49 Member
    Never start drinking. Took years away from my fitness goals, lost a lot of friends.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Drink less. Smoke less weed. Go to class more. Care less about what people think of me.

My 20s sucked. The entire decade, until about the end of year 28. You couldn't pay me enough to relive that mess.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    So many things.
    Wouldn't have let parents with very old school views on marriage and dating influence me into marrying at 19. Finished college, made a career doing what I love instead of settling for a mediocre job. Made good financial decisions. I would have traveled and figured myself out before settling into marriage and mommyhood. I wish I would have made myself and my health and fitness a priority. I feel like I've had to start over my life in my mid thirties. Lots of time wasted.
  • ParadigmShifter
    ParadigmShifter Posts: 289 Member
    Someone needs to make a book about this. I call dibs on 3% royalties.
  • jw0110
    jw0110 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm another one that would have lived my life a bit more and not settled down so young, I don't regret having the children at all however am now trying to do all the things i should have done when I as younger but being a 34 year old single mum, this isn't always overly easy to achieve.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I would have stayed in school. I went back later in life, graduating college at the age of 31. If I could go back to 18 I would have joined the military. Besides those two things, I wouldn't change a thing. I learned a lot about myself and my relationship with family members throughout my 20's.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    edited May 2017
    I would have had a child earlier. My son was born in 2013 when my wife and I were 33. When he graduates high school we will be 50. I have a progressive neurological disability, so my chances of playing with grandkids isn't looking too good, and I don't want to miss it.
  • ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    I wouldn't have gotten married right out of college. We didn't have kids and divorced two years later but that followed me and influenced my behavior and decisions for two years after the divorce. I also would have traveled more and worked on myself more.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I would have made better choices with my health and career and bought stock in Apple.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I would of played more video games and talked to people less.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    I wouldn't change a thing.

My advice to anyone 20? Be 20. You are going to make mistakes and you are going to do stupid things, but that's all part of being 20. Just do what you think is best and try to do what makes you happy.

The funny thing about life is it all works out in the end. Sometimes the things that you think are the worst things to ever happen to you are the best and vice versa.