Breakfast

Its_Haleeyy
Its_Haleeyy Posts: 53 Member
What are some healthy and filling breakfast meals. I usually just eat cereal or something but want something that's more filling and but not super high in calories

Replies

• Angela_does_zumba
    Angela_does_zumba Posts: 31 Member
    [Greek] yogurt, nuts of any kind or nut butters, fruits, eggs, [overnight] oatmeal, sometimes I go for a protein bar. Usually if I try to hit 500 cal, I would have my peanut butter overnight oats with a large banana, or yogurt topped with lots of fruits and nuts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I have protein enriched cereal - keeps me going longer than normal carb heavy cereal.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Just to clarify, high in calories but filling? Are you trying to gain weight? Usually people don't want to fill up too much because it will affect how much they intake for the rest of the day, so if you have a calorie dense but not to filling breakfast, you will have a nice appetite for a bigger lunch/snacks. VS filling up on breakfast and being full for hours and perhaps not hitting your cal goals as easily. Plus usually things that people find filling can be not so high in calories: lean protein, fibre, etc.

It will be a personal thing.. but a cheese omelette with avocado on toast, protein pancakes/waffles with whipped cream and high cal fruit like banana or mango, a high calorie smoothie, yogurt with dried fruit and lots of granola, a few slices of toast with tons of peanut butter, also adding bacon or sausage to anything... oils don't fill me up too much but they can increase the cal count of your dishes. You can really eat anything it doesn't have to be "breakfast food" like burritos, pasta, steak, pizza etc
  • EatPaleoLiftLots
    EatPaleoLiftLots Posts: 5 Member
    I listen to my body and am not hungry until 10am or so. Coconut oil in my coffee and scrambled eggs mixed with peanut butter is a good breakfast for weight gaining combined with a lifting program I'm on.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Always start my day with some kind of protein. Love canned tuna mixed with chopped celery and sharp cheddar. Easy and great for work.
  • Its_Haleeyy
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Just to clarify, high in calories but filling? Are you trying to gain weight? Usually people don't want to fill up too much because it will affect how much they intake for the rest of the day, so if you have a calorie dense but not to filling breakfast, you will have a nice appetite for a bigger lunch/snacks. VS filling up on breakfast and being full for hours and perhaps not hitting your cal goals as easily. Plus usually things that people find filling can be not so high in calories: lean protein, fibre, etc.

It will be a personal thing.. but a cheese omelette with avocado on toast, protein pancakes/waffles with whipped cream and high cal fruit like banana or mango, a high calorie smoothie, yogurt with dried fruit and lots of granola, a few slices of toast with tons of peanut butter, also adding bacon or sausage to anything... oils don't fill me up too much but they can increase the cal count of your dishes. You can really eat anything it doesn't have to be "breakfast food" like burritos, pasta, steak, pizza etc

Yeah I meant to put not super high in calories lol
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    There's only one breakfast food and it's eggs.
  • Its_Haleeyy
    pbryd wrote: »
    There's only one breakfast food and it's eggs.

I don't like eggs unfortunately... I'm a super picky eater so that makes it kind of hard to eat a good breakfast
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Did you mean NOT super high in calories?

Because high calorie super filling is easy. Have lots of food. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes. Basically, the Trucker's breakfast from any greasy spoon.

Filling and NOT super high in calories, you will be making up the difference with fiber and water. Some people find oatmeal, which is high in soluble fiber, to be super filling. Others do not. YMMV.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

Yeah I meant to put not super high in calories lol

Haha ok that changes a few things! For most people, fibre and protein will be your friend. You may need to experiment with what keeps you full.. for example, oatmeal is very filling for me and not so much for others. People add protein to theirs, veggies to bump of the volume (like zucchini) so there's that. Other things like Greek yogurt with berries, I even add whey to mine to increase the protein and it blends in nicely. High fibre lower carb bread with a bit of peanut butter, light cream cheese and cucumbers or cottage cheese.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited May 2017
    Egg white omelet. Mix in some bell peppers and you're good to go. By the carton of just plain egg whites, you don't want the flavoured ones, they add calories.

You could add an English muffin and some deli meat too. Breakfast sandwich. super quick.
  • suzyloveskoalas
    suzyloveskoalas Posts: 20 Member
    Since you're not into eggs, try some Kodiak pancakes with some fruit..high in protien and tastes really good!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    What's your goal? Are you trying to gain weight, or body building?
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Me personally its oats with a scoop of whey protein.