Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 1

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I like LC for the quick losses, but then I gain them back SO quickly! UGGGGH. I'm happy it is working so well for you!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm going to try doing OMAD (Not LC) everyday without any splurge days and see if I can maintain that way.
  • brittdee88
    Looking forward to seeing how you do!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    me too...go Brenda!
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks girls...I might try this starting Saturday :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hope OMAD everyday works well for you. It is pretty rewarding :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm going to try doing OMAD (Not LC) everyday without any splurge days and see if I can maintain that way.

You will probably loose some more weight although you don't have much to lose.

I still like skipping breakfast, eating a low carb lunch and then whatever for dinner with grazing after that. I can maintain well doing that (with exercise included).

I'm actually trying something new this week and am eating lunch as my big meal so I will be fueled well for running after work and then in the evenings, I'm not eating much or if I do decide to eat, I'm eating mostly just some fruits and veggies. I've only tried this yesterday and today. I didn't get home from work yesterday tell 8:00pm and then went running and only had a little piece of chicken before going to bed. Will see how this works for a week or two.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member

That is what I hope to do for maintenance too. I just find it so easy to only eat in the evening and I really don't think I can handle having splurge days - I feel like they will eventually backfire and I will end up just constantly having splurge days!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Let's do them together girls :)

I'm hoping for a nice long OMAD streak without splurge days too. Interested in how you go, Brenda.
  • Brendalea69
    edited January 2018
    Updated :)
  • jeanona
    Wow, a new low! Good job.

Are you looking at going a lower weight with maintenance or staying a particular range? We've got similar stats I think. I'm planning to get to goal and then start recomping.
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks, I want to always be below 130 and that's why I am losing more weight so that I'll have more wiggle room.
  • jeanona
    I'm looking at a similar maintenance range after factoring in weight training.

Well done again!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Way to go!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    Awesome! I am sure 125 looks great on you.
  • brittdee88
    WHOA! Awesome drop! Was this the result of no splurge days?
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Nice Brenda, going to a new level. I remember when I first started posting here last March I was jealous of you because you were something like only 11 pounds from your goal, while I still had like 70 to go.
    Now look at us!! Both maintaining well. It can be done.
  • jeanona
    jeanona wrote: »
    I'm looking at a similar maintenance range after factoring in weight training.

Well done again!

Who woo'd my post? Did I say something wrong?? I thought we're all here to support one another!
  • tlblanksfit
    I think a woo is a good thing kind of like a woohoo or a yeaaa.
  • jeanona
    Oh okay, thanks for clarifying, Tracey.

I've read in the main forums that woos were critical reactions so I was a bit surprised. But no biggie.