Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    @VictoriaTuel It is hard with all the events and weddings, and I would imagine with a lower calorie goal it only takes a bit extra indulgence to put you over at the end of the week. I do have more flexibility since my cals are higher, but I tend to eat less during the week to bank my calories for the weekend, I will get in more exercise if I can, move more (so increase my general non-exercise activity), also I will make sure to eat lighter during the day of an event or eat my protein before so that I am more full and at least that macro is covered.
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    @VictoriaTuel I totally agree with @sardelsa .
    On saturday I knew i would be drinking and catching up with friends that just got back from over a year long holiday... so i waited until then to eat anything and managed to go just 8 calories over maintenance... 9 drinks and partie pies and spring rolls included LOL
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    127 pounds today.
    I feel skinny. hah
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Thanks all! I try to wait to eat until but events, but I'm used to eating a little bit all the time, so I get really hungry before, especially with evening events. At events, I'm also just not good at restraining myself from eating something once it's already in front of me. :# I try to share things, but I feel like there's always waaay more food than necessary for the number of people (maybe this is just the places I'm going lol).

@sardelsa I've always thought of calories in a daily or sometimes a two day set, but maybe thinking of them in weekly goals might make things easier planning wise. I just am not confident that I would be able to undereat later if I allowed myself to overeat one day.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    127 pounds today.
    I feel skinny. hah

Whoa! Great job @dubstepvideobody!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    This morning I thought I might be starting to get a flat tummy... I will call it the migraine diet. I hope it sticks, at least. Otherwise, the migraine diet will have prepared me to overeat at a wedding next week and I can still hope to come out "even"? :D
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    skymningen wrote: »
    This morning I thought I might be starting to get a flat tummy... I will call it the migraine diet. I hope it sticks, at least. Otherwise, the migraine diet will have prepared me to overeat at a wedding next week and I can still hope to come out "even"? :D

Ugh - a migraine is a terrible way to get a flat tummy!
  • NadiaSweety
    NadiaSweety Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for this post OP. Sent you a friend request. I'm about 5'7" and 143 lbs so we are around the same point goal wise and I feel like we have a pretty similar outlook on things. From the looks of it there are a lot of others you struck a cord with as well. =)
  • mom23mangos
    swimgal258 wrote: »
    I'd love to look like a Victoria's Secret model, Candice Swanepoel has my dream body! I have good hourglass measurements (34, 22.5, 34.5) but at 5 ft 6 I'm too short and my little legs aren't exactly supermodel like. Sadly no amount of weight loss will make them longer :D I'm trying to find fitness models of a similar build to inspire me to work out and tone up rather than get frustrated over things I can't change and appreciate what I have whilst I'm young!

Those are crazy small measurements! I can't see as how you'd have much room for improvement. LOL And at 5'6", you have a LOT more legs than I do. :tongue: And yes, appreciate what you have while you are young. There is a certain firmness and glow that comes with youth. Enjoy it!
  • sardelsa
    127 pounds today.
    I feel skinny. hah

Nice @dubstepvideobody ! Are you at or almost at goal?

I still have a few more lbs I want to cut ..just want to get my bodyfat down so I can *kind of* see my abs (geez they are stubborn!) then I will reverse diet into maintenance and bulk again! Just a small bulk though, nothing too dramatic ;)
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHniCEHY7I Omg I found it very funny. SOrry for the off topic.

This guy is so funny - and cute!

• plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Hey, everyone! @dubstepvideobody and @sardelsa I've missed you guys so much!
    Also, hello to all the new faces! It so great to see this thread thriving.

Relocation has been totally crazy. I'm up and on the move all day long with meetings, movers, and helping my friends get back into their dorms. I'm dead tired.
    I have been managing to get my runs in every day though. I'm currently staying in corporate housing and they have a gym and a pool which helps a lot. I also got an apple watch for my birthday which is helping me track my calorie expenditure a bit better. Since the place, I'm staying has a fridge and a stove I've been able to stick to my strict diet plan.

I will say that since I've hit my "goal weight" I've been having issues. So I set my goal weight to be 111 which puts my BMI at exactly 18.5. I let my weight drop down to 109 because I knew I wanted to build muscle and I hoped building that muscle would make me toned and bring me back up to 111. That hasn't exactly worked out. I've been focusing a lot on my bum and abs. I'm definitely seeing improvements. My bum looks fantastic and my six pack is more defined but my weight has stayed at 109. I know I'm building muscle because my bum is filling out my shorts and pants better but I'm not sure why my weight isn't increasing. I'm eating at a little bit above Maintenace calories to gain 0.5 lbs a week. Should I be worried? I'm technically underweight now so I'm a little nervous. I don't want to be unheathly. Is 1-2 underweight really bad?
  • plainpixxel
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    skymningen wrote: »

Ugh - a migraine is a terrible way to get a flat tummy!

I feel the pain but I get it. When I get a major headache or sick I'm always completely out of commission and spend a lot of time sleeping away my agony. I always lose about 2 lbs everytime I get sick.
  • plainpixxel
    swimgal258 wrote: »
    I'd love to look like a Victoria's Secret model, Candice Swanepoel has my dream body! I have good hourglass measurements (34, 22.5, 34.5) but at 5 ft 6 I'm too short and my little legs aren't exactly supermodel like. Sadly no amount of weight loss will make them longer :D I'm trying to find fitness models of a similar build to inspire me to work out and tone up rather than get frustrated over things I can't change and appreciate what I have whilst I'm young!

Oh wow you have great measurements. They are almost exactly like mine except I'm 34,24,34. I feel you about being short I'm 5'5 but that's why heels and wedges can be anyone's best friend. It is important for us to appreciate what we have while we are young but it's still okay to have goals and push yourself. But Idk what else you'd like to lose. You are practically at a perfect size right now.
  • swimgal258
    swimgal258 Posts: 6 Member
    H

I will say that since I've hit my "goal weight" I've been having issues. So I set my goal weight to be 111 which puts my BMI at exactly 18.5. I let my weight drop down to 109 because I knew I wanted to build muscle and I hoped building that muscle would make me toned and bring me back up to 111. That hasn't exactly worked out. I've been focusing a lot on my bum and abs. I'm definitely seeing improvements. My bum looks fantastic and my six pack is more defined but my weight has stayed at 109. I know I'm building muscle because my bum is filling out my shorts and pants better but I'm not sure why my weight isn't increasing. I'm eating at a little bit above Maintenace calories to gain 0.5 lbs a week. Should I be worried? I'm technically underweight now so I'm a little nervous. I don't want to be unheathly. Is 1-2 underweight really bad?

I wouldn't say it's really bad, I think it depends on frame size and body composition. I'm a tad underweight but don't look underweight nor starve myself, you just have to make sure your weight doesn't drop too low
  • sardelsa
    Hey, everyone! @dubstepvideobody and @sardelsa I've missed you guys so much!
    Also, hello to all the new faces! It so great to see this thread thriving.

Relocation has been totally crazy. I'm up and on the move all day long with meetings, movers, and helping my friends get back into their dorms. I'm dead tired.
    I have been managing to get my runs in every day though. I'm currently staying in corporate housing and they have a gym and a pool which helps a lot. I also got an apple watch for my birthday which is helping me track my calorie expenditure a bit better. Since the place, I'm staying has a fridge and a stove I've been able to stick to my strict diet plan.

If you aren't gaining, then you aren't eating enough to gain. It's possible you are underestimating your exercise calories or overestimating your food intake.

I don't know if it's bad since it can depend on your frame, I think as long as you are healthy and your hormones are functioning, but it will be different for everyone. I was once almost underweight and I hated how I looked. Now 10lbs heavier I look and feel fantastic. So it is personal.

How do you feel? Is it sustainable? Are you happy with your body composition or would you like to gain more muscle?
  • plainpixxel
    @sardelsa @swimgal258 I may be underestimating how much I'm burning. Since I got my apple watch I've been using it to determine how much I've been burning off. I usually used the heart rate monitor on the treadmill to see how I was doing. The apple watch is usually about 200 calories lower than the heart rate monitor on the machine. I've been going with the watch because I thought it was more accurate but maybe it's not? It does have issues tracking my distance since I run on a treadmill. I guess burning 200 calories more than I thought would affect my weight.
    I don't feel bad. I'm dancing harder and doing better at kickboxing. I just want to be careful. I know low weights isn't something to play around with. I may make an appointment with my nutritionist. I haven't been seeing her since I was moving.
    I feel like I'm gaining the muscle I want. I wish I had taken a before picture because my bum looks fantastic now.
    I'm just confused. I thought muscle was heavier than fat.

• sardelsa
    @plainpixxel
    What can happen is when you work the muscle, they can retain water and get larger or more pumped... also as you are losing and maintaining muscle, they "pop" more and can appear larger and more shapely. There is a chance you could be recomping.. so building muscle and leaning down at the same time, although being as lean as you are already it is kind of unlikely
  • mom23mangos
    @plainpixxel, as long as you feel Ok and you are still getting your cycle regularly, hair isn't falling out, etc. you should be fine. Some people can handle being a tad underweight. However, to @sardelsa's point, you probably aren't gaining any muscle, you are just leaner so it shows more and because you are working it, you have pump. Also, if you are not gaining weight then your caloric burn is not accurate and I would bump your calories another 200 or so. TDEE calculators, fitness trackers, etc. are all just estimation tools. Total calories eaten and what you weigh will determine your true TDEE.
  • mom23mangos
    Wow. Just ran across this pic on IG and I think I have a girl crush. This is definate goals for me. I know she's probably too muscular for a lot of you, but that's the body type that is actually more realistically attainable for me.