Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Never mind....she's pretty underweight. She doesn't look it in that pic, but in others you can really tell. Here's her stats.

https://estelletrouilloud.book.fr/
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Wow. Just ran across this pic on IG and I think I have a girl crush. This is definate goals for me. I know she's probably too muscular for a lot of you, but that's the body type that is actually more realistically attainable for me.

With less abs I could go for it. Less abs also might solve the problem that you'd have to be underweight to look like her, I guess.
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2017
    She looks amazing! I would kill for those abs. (Hmm, I would kill, but I won't do the vast amount training and dedication required...)

I'm new to the thread. I've always been on the low-end, or just under, "normal" BMI. Genetics. I fell off the exercise wagon this year, due to a lot of personal stuff. Now it's time to get back in shape. I started taking Adderall this year for my ADHD, so I'm actually a few pounds underweight right now, but totally flabby ("skinny fat"). My aim is to try to recomp, or at least add muscle mass and cut body fat after; and improve my cardio. I also need to clean up my diet, just for general health and wellness reasons.

I'm a lifelong dancer, and was just getting back into shape after an injury when personal issues hijacked everything. Being a dancer, and genetically slender, you can probably guess what my ideal body looks like, but I'm going to look up some pictures to share.
  • plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    @sardelsa I think you may be correct. I'll try to eat more but it's been hard. I wonder if being on that 1200 calories a day for like three months made my tummy smaller. I just don't eat as much as I used to. My sister took me to Korean BBQ yesterday so I'm gonna focus on turning all that steak I ate into something useful. I don't normally eat meat so this may help.

@mom23mangos I think you are correct. I'll try to calculate my TDEE and watch what I'm eating more closely. I may have to update my calorie intake. I really don't eat much. Definitely not as much as I used to.

Thank you both for your insight. These are some great places to start. I feel better.

Also @mom23mangos That girl is gorgeous. I can't believe her stats are so small. She looks amazing in that picture.

• plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    @ivyivy Welcome!! It's so nice to have you join our little conversation. I hope we can provide you with great insight, advice, and companionship as you go on your journey.
    Don't feel bad for "falling off the wagon." Life happens and rarely any of us are perfect.
    I'm also a dancer. I do ballet so I understand the struggle of being strong and being light as a feather.
    I just recently got to my goal weight and I'm going to continue getting stronger.
    Please ask for any tips and again WELCOME!!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    I've lost so much motivation lately... things have been really stressful at work and the only thing that seems to calm me down even a little bit is gorging on junk food :( The stress, on top of working late hours, is really taking a toll on my diet and exercise. Looking at all of these beautiful women has the opposite effect on me that it seems to have on everyone else... I see those pictures and think, "there's no way I come even close to looking like that, so why bother?" and then the stress and negativity takes over :(
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    @KelseyRL and @ivyivy welcome! I feel like you should aim for goals that feel right for you, regardless of what other people are aiming for. Everyone's starting from a different place in different environments, so naturally we'll have different end goals and paths to them. As long as you're healthy and feeling good about yourself and what you're working towards, good for you!

I've also never really been that far into the overweight BMI range, and my weight goes almost exclusively to my butt, hips, and thighs, so no one every really thought I should lose weight. However, I feel so much better eating healthy and exercising - it's so much nicer to be able to walk and run anywhere I want without feeling tired, and to have the energy to do everything I want.

Also, @PrincessTinyheart all those pictures of beautiful people are photoshopped to make already heavily made up people look even better than they do in reality. You see yourself at your best and your worst, and people tend to focus on flaws and the bad, so you're probably a lot closer to looking like those beautiful women you see than you think! <3 And junk food is fine in moderation - maybe just try to make some healthier substitutions if you're baking things yourself. I always try to use greek yogurt or bananas or other healthy substitutes to at least make sure I'm getting a little protein or something when I'm eat my cookies and cakes and biscuits! :yum:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    @PrincessTinyheart, when I lack motivation to lose weight (which has been this whole year), I just concentrate on working towards my fitness goals with the hope that my physique will follow. It all comes down to priorities. We can all have exceptional bodies...it's just do we prioritize it over everything else or not. Right now, I'm wanting a little more balance in my life.

My personal philosophy in life is that you can achieve anything you want as long as you are willing to do the work and make the sacrifices. It helps put things in perspective for me that instead of saying "I can't look like that", I'll say "I'm not willing to make the sacrifices to look like that right now".
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    I've lost so much motivation lately... things have been really stressful at work and the only thing that seems to calm me down even a little bit is gorging on junk food :( The stress, on top of working late hours, is really taking a toll on my diet and exercise. Looking at all of these beautiful women has the opposite effect on me that it seems to have on everyone else... I see those pictures and think, "there's no way I come even close to looking like that, so why bother?" and then the stress and negativity takes over :(

Hi girls I am writing from my phone and later I will reply to all of you. I couldnt not reply to this now!! Princess, you should immediately come to the Balkans in Europe!

I hate it when women think like this!! I know its normal, but why do you have to be normal? You have only ca. 60 to 80 years on Earth....omg you will die after 60 to 80 times Christmas. What are you waiting for? You have to surround yourself with the people you adore. With fit people or people who want to be fit and are ready to give all for it. And no reading to the main forums. This could only depress you!!

Every woman on Earth could look like a bombshell if she tales action. It is not only the body that makes you a bombshell or your personal definition of the sexiest form of me, but also hhe hair the skin tje smile the clothes, the attitude. Today you have all the tools to look like a whooooooooo is that woman and feel like this. You only need google, amazon, a gym and some money. And the dedication to follow the requirements!

Pessimism is the worst killer of success ever.
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2017
    And stress is not the problem. You know how I feel after 12 hours learning with only 2 hours pouses a day? Dead. I give Russian classes for some extra money sometimes also. And I work 1 day a week in an law office, but they give me 'homeworks'. But when I think about looking like this I just wow I just fly. I have no free time, but this is how I became a freking planner. I plan in advance every single thing in my life and I magically have time for everything thats important to me. Even writing in the forum. Goals make me feel empowered. I believe I can be the best part of me and this makes me stronger in my career, makes me a better person. You have to first believe in yourself in order to handle stress better and be successful.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Not a model so don't know if it counts but I'd love to have Scarlett Johansson's 36 26/25 36 measurements although I might struggle to get my waist to that size without losing too much boob and bum as I'm 36.5 28 36.5 atm. I think she looks fab and I think thats probably the most attainable figure for me to strive for considering my body shape. :) Quite frankly if I got a 27 inch waist I'd be over the moon. ^_^
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    I think what works for me is to make it easier to make good choices than bad ones. When everything in life is humming along, it is easy for me to make good choices. When many things in life aren't humming along, it is easier to make bad choices.

What has worked for me:

No trigger foods in the house. We have a teenager, and he's a human eating machine. I rationalized junk foods/trigger foods as being necessary for him. They aren't. If he wants junk food, he has an allowance and he can buy it outside of the house.

Pair working out with something I can only do while working out. For me, that is listening to podcasts. I have a rule that I can only listen to them working out, and so working out is something I have to do to listen to what I really enjoy.

Plan the night before. Even if I don't record it on MFP, I write in a food diary what I am eating the next day. Then, I check it off as I eat those meals. There is something weirdly satisfying about that. And, having to erase what I wrote the night before to record what I ate is strangely keeping me more on track.

Do something. I used to think had to do everything: drink 8 glasses of water, alternate cardio and free weights, eat 8 to 10 servings of fruits and veggies. If I drink extra water, go to the gym and do something, eat fruit instead of something else that day...I'm making progress.

One blow out meal at a restaurant on the weekends. It used to be a blow out day at home, but that meant leftovers. Now, it can be pancakes I eat at a diner by myself, a donut at Dunkin Donuts or great Chinese food with DH.

At any rate, I certainly am not an expert, and I'm not always perfect...but the above has helped me.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    I've been watching this post for a few days. I love the overall attitude! I'm only 5'3 and was signed with an agency from 2001-2003. The recruiter told the agency I had good cheekbones, eyes and face structure. I was on board as a print model and received information all the time about auditions for TV. Now, if I lived closer to LA or NYC, I would have actually been able to BE on those shows as an extra or even have a very small speaking part. Seeing as I'm from Indiana....I didn't get to partake in much. Regardless though....theoretically, you CAN model without being considered fashion/runway.
    My goal last year was to lose weight and tone up so I could get new headshots taken to join a local agency here for print/television work. This didn't happen because I fell off the weight loss wagon unfortunately. But, I'm back on track and the end "reward/goal" for me is to get new headshots and hopefully be asked to join this local agency. :) Obviously being in a good shape is a good thing all the time, but I'm willing to put in the extra work to make this a reality as well. :)
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Am following this thread as well. At 5"9, with long legs, I feel like I could get pretty close.

To be honest, some of the VS models are a little bit on the skinny side for me, meaning not enough shape or defined waists / butt.

The best looking by far IMO is Candice Swanepoel. Her waist is just insane!

58xm0uq0pvtk.jpg

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Hey guys, I'm checking in again after about two months of slacking (Yikes). That's when work started to be crazy busy (full time plus lots of extra work at home) and I've been munching on comfort food and easy no-preperation-needed snacks about every single day. After gaining back 3.5 lbs of my hard earned loss I'm ready to leave the bad habits and work towards the perfect model body again. I'm very frustrated when I think about what I could've looked like right now if I just continued with the new habits I had formed. I guess old habits do die hard.

When I read back I see some of you have made some amazing progress. I'm so happy to see that! Have you just been continuing eating and working out the same way?
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Jumping on to post one of my "motivation" pictures ... It's actually kinda hard for me to find realistic/attainable motivation pictures not only because I'm petite, but also because most models don't have much in the way of curves. Most of the VS models are actually A or B cups (they just look bigger because of the push-up bras). Meanwhile I'm sitting (hunching) over here with my 32DDs.

Anyways, here is one I like. Not sure what her stats/measurements are or anything since it's just a random internet picture. I'm getting really close to my goal weight, just need to keep working on my abs!

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    @Ldemi3333 you're awesome :) Thanks for the post!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    LDemi333 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I was reading around the site this morning as its a day off and I was bit bored.

I would like to just say that the dreams you have regarding looking like a VS model will not go as you age. The more you try to attempt to keep close to your dream will mean you will never be overweight and yes, you can be ultra lean with no anorexia or bulimia.

I am surrounded by people off the board who think that once you get to 55 and you have had kids you are justified in letting everything go. Eating everything in sight and and no-one should dare to fat-shame you. In fact they are appalled at my "vanity" at my age - "why not wear elastic trousers and beige is very practical".
    There is nothing more vicious than a friend in her 50s who has let herself go when you have not. Yes, I have had two children and gained 4 stone with each of them and got it all off again.

Its 80% food decisions and 20% gym. Lifting and machines.

I am at present a 10lbs (for me) over weight and not toned (stress of emigrating for a second time in my life) however, I have intend to get to November with high heels and an LBD because constant renovation is required and because I want to look 50 at 60. (Next March)

There are models who are in their 70s who look great. If you check out the Dior models of the 60s - they had fantastic figures. No amount of corset gave you those dimensions. It was diet.

Anyway, I wish you all well, never give up trying to be your best and never allow anyone who is jealous to stop you going for a goal by citing age or height.
    They simply don't want you to get there.
    Support each other to be the best if you have found like minded people.

I can only write this here because "at my age" I should know better and I should be telling you that your personality will shine through the fat and that is enough. If you treat yourself like a flip-flop you won't be treated like a Louboutin.

You know what to do - eat clean, eat healthy, drink water and green tea, work out, lift weights - skip all sugar and processed foods - buy that VS lingerie a size smaller and vow to wear it by a certain date. Hang it up outside the wardrobe if you must - its the most grueling reminder to see on a daily basis.

Set your own goals and quietly smash them all - then walk around a mall in high heels and skinny jeans. You will know when you have got it right.
    You will FEEL the looks.

Its great to see posts about REAL change and I perfectly understand that sometimes no -one wants to listen or understand - because the dream is too tough and too high...............and therefore impossible.

In the words on one very slim lady - Audrey Hepburn said impossible means "I'm possible".

Lynne
    Ps) Sorry this is long. I hope it helps.

You quoted Audrey Hepburn and waxed poetic about growing older in high heels and skinny jeans. I think I love you. :-)