What's your favourite way of toning up?

NadNight
NadNight Posts: 794 Member
I'm looking to start toning up, I'm 5 ft 6 and 112 lbs. I'm slim-ish but definitely store weight in my hips and thighs and would like to look slimmer (I'd post a picture but I haven't really seen many people do that on this forum so it might be a bit weird). Rather than using weight loss as my first resort, I wanted to try toning up first. Does anyone have any good workouts or have a favourite form of exercise for toning?

Replies

• Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    I'd like to know this too. I've got a bit more weight to lose, but also carry weight on my thighs and bottom and no matter how slim my top half is, my bottom half doesn't follow!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    You are pretty much at the border of underweight. If you still think you have fat or toning to do, then you don't have enough muscle. If you lose more weight, it will not help your body composition,, you will just look like a smaller version of yourself (believe me I've been there). Either recomp (eat at maintenance and follow a lifting program) or bulk (gain weight to build muscle). I am 5'7 and I look more toned now 12lbs heavier than I used to be because of muscle.
    So I would find a weight lifting program to follow to see best results.
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2017
    Spinning and Pyometrics(best for sexy legs), combined with phases of 5x5 weights programs and Pilates-like workouts on a mat(brings the best out of a muscular,tight and feminine booty and abs). But you have to eat enough, I would recommend not going very low cal if the main goal is form and not weight loss.
  • jcello65
    jcello65 Posts: 23 Member
    Just started boxing, and it's been great for legs, abs, back and of course arms. I never look like I lost anything unless I build muscle, so this has let me do that and get the cardio in at the same time.