Carb cycle

So I have been stagnant in my weight loss. So with my trainers guidance I am going to try a carb cycle meal plan for the next month. One high carb day and 6 low carb days. The.high carb day will be on leg day because I use.more energy on that day. Has anyone done this type of cycle and how did it work for you?

Replies

• mauimarie
    mauimarie Posts: 14 Member
    Sounds excellent ! I'm on keto and have also stalled out. Love to follow your carb cycling journey. Add me if you like. My diary is viewable. :)

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    When you eat what doesn't matter. If you're not losing (and it's been longer than 4-6 weeks without a loss) then you are eating too much. This is usually some logging errors/inaccuracies because you're maybe eyeballing and/or over-estimating exercise calories. Carb cycling, meal timing, macro splits are just preferences that have no impact on weight loss calories being equal.
  • lisarenee127
    lisarenee127 Posts: 14 Member
    Let us know how it goes
  • Cannonchick
    Cannonchick Posts: 16 Member
    i just started cycling, two low carb days a week. seems to be working so far. intense exercise just is not possible on low carb days, at least for me. not enough gas in the tank.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Weight loss has nothing to do with carbohydrate intake. It has to do with being in a calorie deficit. Hitting a plateau is totally normal and expected, sometimes even in a rather heavy deficit as your body adjusts to becoming more efficient by doing more with less, but they are never permanent. Calories in vs. calories out ALWAYS wins in the end, even if your diet consisted of 100% carbs.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Weight loss has nothing to do with carbohydrate intake. It has to do with being in a calorie deficit. Hitting a plateau is totally normal and expected, sometimes even in a rather heavy deficit as your body adjusts to becoming more efficient by doing more with less, but they are never permanent. Calories in vs. calories out ALWAYS wins in the end, even if your diet consisted of 100% carbs.

But fat loss efficiency and muscle building efficiency can be effected by carbohydrate intake and timing.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member

But fat loss efficiency and muscle building efficiency can be effected by carbohydrate intake and timing.

Care to site studies from the peer reviewed medical literature which attest to this?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    When you eat what doesn't matter. If you're not losing (and it's been longer than 4-6 weeks without a loss) then you are eating too much. This is usually some logging errors/inaccuracies because you're maybe eyeballing and/or over-estimating exercise calories. Carb cycling, meal timing, macro splits are just preferences that have no impact on weight loss calories being equal.

Carb cycling allows you to become more insulin sensitive which in turns makes your body better at partitioning nutrients, so yes carb cycling done right can cause you to lose more FAT and put on a little more muscle, than a different type of diet with the same caloric intake.

OP isn't losing anything at the moment. So your point is moot.