Help gaining weight

I'm 27 years old male and about 6ft2. I can never seem to gain weight and really need some advice/help in helping me gain weight.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Put in your stats and desired rate of gain...this calculator will calculate a calorie target based on that...hit your calorie target...*kitten* as you go along and up calories if necessary.

You need to be in a calorie surplus to gain weight.
  • lm1990s
    lm1990s Posts: 2 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Put in your stats and desired rate of gain...this calculator will calculate a calorie target based on that...hit your calorie target...*kitten* as you go along and up calories if necessary.

Should I be doing anything else at the minute or just making sure I'm getting enough calories? Can I use shakes to help ?
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Shakes are fine, real food is better, but yeah, focus first on the majors, that's getting enough calories, then focus on what those calories are made of (macros), then focus on what those macros are made of (vegetables vs vitamins; and meat vs protein shakes) etc.

Try calorie dense foods like avocados, full fat milk, olive oil, butter, nuts.

The more of those boxes you can check off, the better your body will treat you.

There's a sticky for hardgainers around here somewhere.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Peanut butter
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    lm1990s wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Should I be doing anything else at the minute or just making sure I'm getting enough calories? Can I use shakes to help ?

Lift some weights with a good program