New please help

Options
Done my daily kcal in take and I'm under by 174 kcal but over my protein in take by 142 g. Says I need to eat 2874 daily to add 0.5 weekly but it doesn't take in to account your daily exercise. Help please lol

Replies

• dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No you need to add your exercise burn on top. Your daily cals seems quite higher tho. Thats also a lot of protein on you minimum...
  • sean72017
    sean72017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh ok I'll do that. Yeah I think it's so high because of the high protein in take, I find it hard to gain muscle so feel like if I drop my protein down the kcal will go down so I'll lose weight. I don't know what other macro to use to hit daily target. Thank you tho
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    sean72017 wrote: »
    Oh ok I'll do that. Yeah I think it's so high because of the high protein in take, I find it hard to gain muscle so feel like if I drop my protein down the kcal will go down so I'll lose weight. I don't know what other macro to use to hit daily target. Thank you tho

Protein and fat should be approximately constant and carbs should be increased to match calorie levels.
  • sean72017
    Options
    Ok ill have change my diet up abit. Cheers mate.
  • dalerst
    Options
    sean72017 wrote: »

Eating way over on the protein don't make your muscle any bigger is what i was told. Stick to your target on macros and fill rest with carbs. What are your macros goals?
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yeah, to gain muscle your protein only needs to be around 1-1.4 g/lb lean mass or something. It's not very much. Muscle synthesis can't use any more than that. Make sure you get the minimum protein and fats and fill in the rest with carbs. If you have met the minimums at the end of the day and things are close, then you can eat whatever you want to get into surplus.
  • sean72017
    Options
    Well I started at a lean bulk adding 200 kcal from protein every 2 weeks was getting stronger so just kept adding protein to add kcal. As I got a bit of extra fat on belly and chest I didn't want to add carbs cos feel like I'm eating loads of carbs anyway and didn't want to add more fat and energy levels are good
  • sean72017
    Options
    4v9xy9qnqhpi.png
    d1ze97p9zpfs.png
    dl8fxzx9lqac.png
    vt2w3dlaawfg.png
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You're using incorrect entries somewhere. 4 calories per gram of carbs and protein, 9 per gram of fat and you have 3221 calories, not 2692.
  • sean72017
    Options
    Thanks for pointing that out. I had to put it all manually cos the bar codes wasn't working. You thinking I'm over eating ?
  • CoachFrenchie
    CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Do you follow a meal plan or just guessing day to day? I am used to a consistent meal plan and meal prep.
  • sean72017
    Options
    Use a meal plan counting every kcal
  • sean72017
    Options
    dg2opb9bb5b1.png
    ybl84pupojru.png
    o5vrfof4mf9p.png
  • sean72017
    Options
    Done it again I think this is more on point to my kcal intake
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Without using correct entries you can't possibly know what you're eating. Search but cross reference with the packaging. If there's no packaging look up the USDA info.

Carbs don't make you fat, excess calories do and gaining too quickly will lead to a higher fat gain proportionate to muscle gain.

Tidy up your logging so you know exactly what your intake is and its effect on your weight. That way you can more easily adjust up and down as required.

I'm assuming you're doing progressive overload?
  • sean72017
    Options
    Yeah I think I've got clearer idea of what kcal I'm eating now and see my mistakes. I was till I plateau with adding weight. So I change me routine a lil to 5x5 on chest, pull up and squats. Legs arms and back getting stronger but chest is lagging witch spoils the aesthetic look I want.
  • dalerst
    Options
    You're using incorrect entries somewhere. 4 calories per gram of carbs and protein, 9 per gram of fat and you have 3221 calories, not 2692.

Working on that basis how does the app work things out incorrectly? I always seem to be 40 to 50 calories out from what the app says doing the calculation based on it.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »

Working on that basis how does the app work things out incorrectly? I always seem to be 40 to 50 calories out from what the app says doing the calculation based on it.

Again it's an entries things. You have to be using the right ones. Most of the database is user created, a slip of the finger here or there (or just plain old wrong info entered) and you can end up with wacky misaligned numbers.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

Again it's an entries things. You have to be using the right ones. Most of the database is user created, a slip of the finger here or there (or just plain old wrong info entered) and you can end up with wacky misaligned numbers.

OP could be using the right entries... Some carbs don't have 4 calories per gram.... Not saying they're for sure using the right ones, but you can't always just multiple by 4,4 and 9 and get back to the calories.
  • dalerst
    Options

I barcode 90% of my food and then check it on the food scales the other 10% is from the entries on the app. I'm not to fused as it's only 40 ish calorie a day and I'm trying to gain so in a surplus anyway! Just don't want it to be to big.