25.6- 1.7.2017

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
Hello, everyone! It is a fabulous day here! Just a little cloudy, not too hot. Perfect for sitting on the back porch on a Sunday morning. :)
I am going to add in some exercise this week and see if that helps move the scales aling a little faster. The unusually cool, cloudy weather this summer has meant that I haven't gone to the pool yet. I am going to try to make it over at least one day this week.
I hope everyone is having a great day and has wonderful fasts this week!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kate! Good to hear your enjoying a nice break on your porch after all that cleaning!!!

My goal this week is to undo all the damage of this weekend! :s:p:#B)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Happy Monday to everybody!
    Thanks for the weight loss congrats in the other post! <3
    Light Day is happening here! Green tea. Salad for lunch. Gym later. Typical veggie burger with a pile of veggies for dinner is what we go for on a light day. Easy peasy. Every Monday is a Meatless one for us. :smiley:

Weekend was great. We ended up going in to NYC on Saturday and spending time with friends, which was lovely! They have a wonderful apartment on the upper East Side of NY, if you guys are familiar with New York. They have a patio which we barbequed on since it was a nice summer evening. We were celebrating a friend's belated birthday. I ate pretty healthy since I don't really eat red meat much. We brought Trader Joe's chili lime chicken burgers and had one of those with some salad, corn, and a few nibbles of BF's steak and sausage. Alcohol and red wine tends not to agree with me, which is always fun but what can you do! We had a nice time with friends.

Our friend who hosted the party gave us four red peppers to take home. She ordered them for the party and had them delivered but instead of 1 pepper they gave her 21! So I made Santa Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Skinnytaste, last night, for dinners in the future. I modified it a bit. I like one full pepper per person, so I bought two more peppers. Link below for your enjoyment. :)

Got to the gym both Saturday and Sunday and yesterday we hit the beach! The beach was awesome until around 4pm when the clouds came in and it started raining. We got pretty drenched running to the car. LOL Oops!
    I am going to step away for lunch soon. I will catch up with you guys soon!
    Have a good one!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/santa-fe-turkey-stuffed-peppers/
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, THAT just kicked my chubby backside! I did a little yoga, then my 12 minute exercise routine and then, at the end where you are supposed to jog in place, I did three 20 second running intervals. My goodness! I am out of shape! I am going to do 4 days a week without intervals and 3 days with. Hopefully I can get in better shape. Because I really don't think they mean "round" when they say that. :p
  • Meghan509
    edited June 2017
    Options
    LOL Kate! Have to start somewhere, right? Jogging is not easy for me either! I am one who walks fast on the treadmill and I kind of like it that way for now. Have tried to break through to running, and still hope to some day. But for now ugh...
    Have you heard about the Couch to 5K running plan? A link is below.

I have downloaded the app to my phone but that is as far as I have gotten. Basically, in a nutshell they say that they will get you running in nine weeks! :o I have always been intrigued. I see some really fit looking people running at our gym.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Hope everybody is well. Things are good here. Light Day went well yesterday. I mixed things up yesterday and had a little snack of fresh cherries yesterday afternoon before leaving work. That actually worked great because I had pretty much little to no hunger the rest of the night. I ate dinner after the gym and felt fine after. Wasn't thinking about any more food for the night. Night time can be my hungry time if I am not careful.

Monday, July 3 I am taking a vacation day. Tuesday, July 4 the office is closed for Independence Day. Will be nice to have a nice long weekend and a short work week next week. Hope to get to the beach this weekend and spend some time with friends and family. My guy's brother and family will be here from AZ, so we will probably see them too.

Chat with you guys soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was SUPPOSED to be a fast day... until my order got messed up and I didn't notice until I got home. Oh, well, it was REALLY good. I may end up only fasting once this week. Life happens. :)
    @Meghan509 I have a strict rule against running unless something is chasing me, and even then, I would probably just give up and let it eat me. LOL I have seen that app, thought about it and decided I genuinely don't have that kind of time in my day. Plus I have a semi-bum knee. So, short bursts of speed and hopefully it will get my old bod in shape!
    Have a great week, y'all! Happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Kate, sorry to hear about your fast day getting derailed. :( Yes, stuff happens - got to go with the flow!

LOLOL! Totally know what you mean about running. Pretty much why I just keep walkin' fast on an incline. It is working for me. I keep thinking some day I might start running, but the thing with me is I am not a beginner runner so I never know where to start - at what pace and for how long, etc... That is where I say oh well, just keep doing what I am doing! :#

Yesterday went well. Last night we had a few leftovers that my guy's mom had made for us for dinner which raised my calories up a little higher than I like, but no biggie... I try to keep it pretty low during the week. Tonight regular gym and dinner planned. Today at work, we are planning to sit outside for lunch. Supposed to be a "top ten days of the year" here. :) Sunny and warm and not so humid. Wish I had a vacation day today. LOL

See you guys soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I have been eating like an unsupervised two year old the last couple of days. I am going to fast tomorrow if it kills me... y'all might want to go ahead and order the flowers for my funeral. LOL
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hang in there Kate! You can do it. We are fasting together today. :)

Quiet day here. Sipping on some green tea and dreaming of the weekend. Zzzzz. :open_mouth:

Typical Light Day for me. Lots of water and green tea. Then lunch, gym, dinner, and off to bed on the earlier side. Going to weigh in tomorrow.

Looking forward to having Monday and Tuesday off. This weekend we'll be seeing my guy's family on Saturday. His brother and family are visiting from AZ. Will be nice to see them.

Chat with you all soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi! ^^^LOL Kate..! :D

Well I like that whole site that your stuffed peppers came from Meghan, I've saved it on my computer! Thanks for that link!

On the topic of you two running... I always admire those runners that wiz passed me when I'm out. But I have a spike in my left knee (a fix to a growing too tall too soon problem when I was a teenager) anyway I couldn't run if you paid me to. That's why I walk... I always take my dog for a separate walk, but I like to get an hour or even 45 mins in by myself each day. Today I just don't feel like it though.... nothing like cleaning out your fridge when the repair man is coming to service it!!! Our water filter was leaking all over the wood floors!!

I didn't eat until 2:30 today and just had a yogurt and a granola bar after the repair guy left! Lots of water today and probably grilling chicken (balsamic marinaded) and having garden salad tonight for dinner... NO alcohol!!!! The bottle is empty now.... geez I mix it with water & ice but I had 4 glasses last night!!! On a Wednesday!! Ugggh! But I've got a jug of water with sliced lemon & cucumber ready for me after my walk now.... that should help curb the cravings! Well it's sunny and 22 degrees... off for me 'ol walk... even though I don't feel like it! Do you see my
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well that cut off.... too wordy mfp??

I was asking... " do you see my halo"? o:)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello all!

Hopped on the stupid scale this morning for my weekly weigh in and I was exactly the same. :/ Ugh...
    Not sure why I have to be a little complicated. Maybe my body is regulating since I had a fairly decent loss last week, it feels it needs to be a little difficult. Whatever... Not going to lose sleep over it. Moving on.

Too funny Mama! LOL Glad you liked the Skinnytaste site! I love her recipes too. I also have BOTH of her cookbooks! She is a great lower calorie, yummy cook! I get her daily emails too. Can you tell I LOVE recipes! Hee Hee.

Drinking water now. Just had my yogurt and a banana for breakfast. Not much new here. Quiet day at the office before a long weekend. Feel like all I do is watch the clock on Fridays LOL!

Last night in the middle of the night, we lost electricity. It is very warm here so that meant pitch black and no A/C for like three hours. Had to re-set the alarm, etc... They were doing some work when I left for the office this morning. Hopefully it doesn't continue, because this is the second time in a week now that we've lost power. Grrr!

Chat with you guys soon! :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    I love recipes too! My goal is to try actually cooking more of them instead of just drooling over them! Just finished a delicious peanut butter and seedless raspberry jam sandwich on doughy white bread for my lunch! Awesome! Haven't had that in ages!! Added a glass of almond milk and my vitamins now I'm heading out with my dog.

Tomorrow is Canada Day! 150 years! So there are many decorated porches & stores around... I added some flags to my flower barrels and may just have some beer tomorrow too, rarely have beer, but since I'm Canadian!....... lol

Meeting up with a friend at the airport in the morning coming in from Hong Kong, she's on a layover and wants to take me for breakfast... if I choose wisely it'll be ok, I'll just watch it tonight and Sunday!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Keep working out!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, this week was an epic disaster. I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow morning, but I will. It sounds like you all are doing pretty well. Keep up the good work! *climbs back on the wagon*