Low Carb Diet Anyone

Can anyone recommend a website, video or book on low carb eating? I want to lose 20 pounds by Labor day and going low carb is the only thing I haven't tried yet.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Can anyone recommend a website, video or book on low carb eating? I want to lose 20 pounds by Labor day and going low carb is the only thing I haven't tried yet.

The only thing you have to try is a calorie deficit. Do that consistently with any combination of food and macro breakdown and you'll lose weight.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Does not matter what you eat, just stick to your calorie goals and you will lose weight. Go to the grocery store and load up on spring mix lettuce, veggies, even sweet potatoes. I gave up FLOUR products and it really helps.
    No one has written a book yet called "The no FLOUR diet"?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Does not matter what you eat, just stick to your calorie goals and you will lose weight. Go to the grocery store and load up on spring mix lettuce, veggies, even sweet potatoes. I gave up FLOUR products and it really helps.

Pretty sure that's the premise behind Wheat Belly.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member

I think they have, but it's called Wheat Belly.
  • lgomez85
    lgomez85 Posts: 5 Member
    Lean meats and Vegetables
  • tiaradthomas
    tiaradthomas Posts: 1 Member
    This is a really good resource especially for a woman: healthfulpursuit.com
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member

Atkins is the most popular book. The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living is probably the best source for science. Keto Clarity is a good intro to very low carb diets (below 20-50g of carbs vs below 100-150g of carbs per day).

The Low Carber Daily MFP group has a lot of great LCHF info in their launch pad sticky. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • lgfaciane
    lgfaciane Posts: 97 Member
    Carbs are your friend
  • MrsMcLaughlin2013
    MrsMcLaughlin2013 Posts: 43 Member
    I follow South Beach, but for the heart benefits, more than the low carb aspect.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    The Art & Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Phinney & Volek:

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Living/dp/0983490708

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

Also second the group linked above!!!!
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    You might want to look into Bright line eating, it does no flours or sugar. The only carb is one with breakfast (oatmeal, sweet potato, etc).