Changing my life 1 step at a time, could use some friends a long the way

Been overweight for awhile now and I'm at the point where I just had enough and decided to do something about it. Soo I'm going on day 4 and I'm doing pretty good. But we all know it's easy to do good for a week or so, my thing is I have to change my whole lifestyle to be healthy. Soo was hoping to meet some new friends who may have good advice and just daily encouragement. Just knowing there's others out there on the same journey makes it alittle bit easier in my opinion. My ultimate goal is 100 lbs lol which is alot but I think I can really do it

Replies

• cassiejwatts
    cassiejwatts Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Luis! Good luck on your journey! I've lost 100lbs before and recently gained about 10 back after keeping the weight off for about 8 years. It is definitely possible and I believe you can do it! Remember that sometimes it is going to be tough, but you are tougher. Don't forget to have fun with your activity and with your meals. You've got this!
  • rohnjeed
    rohnjeed Posts: 3 Member
    hi luis, you can do it! so far im 60 pound down with forty five to go to target weight. all i did was set up the app to half a pound weight loss a week and bought a good set of kitchen scales to weigh out my food so i knew how many calories i was consuming. doesnt even feel like a diet, it just feels like i got my food organised. if you want to eat extra just go for timed walks and log it in the exercise section of the app and it will automatically add the calories burned to your daily total. easy once you get the hang of it. good luck and please feel free to add me to your friends.
  • luisbrown
    luisbrown Posts: 5 Member
    Wow that's awesome. How long did it take you too lose that much? Thanks for the encouragement I'm gonna give it my best.
  • luisbrown
    Thanks that's a good idea I will buy a food scale and measure out everything.
  • cieradowning
    cieradowning Posts: 10 Member
    Hey!. So my hardest part was the eating.. and I felt I was pressuring myself to much with a whole "diet" so I slowly started replacing the bad with the cook, and didn't think of it has a "diet" but more of healthy if that makes sense.. I replaced the cookies with fresh fruit I finally can reach in my fridge and crap grapes over cake.. it's taken me longer but I feel better about it and feel better knowing it's more of a habit now. Goood luck ;)
  • jillianmarie20
    jillianmarie20 Posts: 36 Member
    Hey! Feel free to add me if you would like :) I just started back on the fitness journey...have a hard time staying on track! 100 lbs sounds hard but totally doable, just take it one day at a time :) and take progress pictures for yourself, sometimes easier to see the progress in pictures rather than on the scale as you build muscle etc. Good luck!
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    welcome welcome! Sent you a request. You can do this - and we're here to help!
  • FelinaDC
    FelinaDC Posts: 32 Member
    Sent you a request! My advice is to start with baby steps... setting small goals like logging every day and adding exercise slowly. Eventually set another goal to measure your food and stay under your calorie limit etc, and get more intense with your workouts. I started off trying to be perfect and after a month I was miserable and would end up bingeing because I felt deprived. Now I workout and actually "choose" the healthy options because I crave them... who knew? Don't get me wrong I still eat pizza I just have less of it and track it. You can do this!
  • LeeBerry22
    LeeBerry22 Posts: 25 Member
    Looking to loose 20lb and on a new journey, feel free to add.. I need support as well
  • luisbrown
    Thanks everyone for all the good advice. Def will try all this out. I always felt like I had to be perfect so soon as I messed up I just said forget this and went back to my old ways so I guess I need to add some cheat days in occasionally and eat very small portions of the bad food that i still crave, until I'm at the point where I crave healthy foods
  • tanyaportwine
    tanyaportwine Posts: 1 Member
    I totally understand what you are saying about being perfect. It's so easy to go backwards, and when you do the guilt that goes with it is hard to take. I am also starting again. Night time eating is so hard for me. I crave sweets. One day at a time I guess!

Tanya
  • buschick286
    buschick286 Posts: 6 Member
    Day one for me.. Totally creepin' on the responses.
  • kemberrose
    kemberrose Posts: 2 Member
    Hi luis, I am also on a healthy lifestyle journey . Please feel free to add me, maybe we can encourage one another.
  • EJBarner
    EJBarner Posts: 68 Member
    I feel you on the tendency towards giving up after one bad day. Sent you a request; you can do it!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Hi Luis! I second the food scale.
  • luisbrown
    I agree about the night time eating as well. Def another bad habit that I will have to break lol. I've lost 3 lbs already in the past few days just from using this app to help me keep track of everything. Now I need to get a good scale to help keep track of my portion sizes
  • veefromva
    veefromva Posts: 1 Member
    Keep tracking everything here. They make it so easy. No matter what I eat or where, someone else has too, lol. :)
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Welcome
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Best of luck to you!
  • Mizdedicated
    Mizdedicated Posts: 40 Member
    I have lost 25 pounds in a month from counting calories and intermittent fasting. I still have a ways to go. I will add you so we can encourage each other.